A Dinner Guest

"Here she comes now." Aunt Ailbe said as the door opened.

"Hello. Aunt Ailbe? Are you home?" A distant voice called.

"I'm in here dearie!" My aunt yelled.

As the voice grew nearer, she continued the conversation. "I went to the market on my way home. You wouldnt believe it they were having a sale on..." The bag she was carrying fell on the ground. "Danny!"

My older sister ran over and hugged me. "Danny I didn't know you were coming over!"

I chuckled. "I didn't know either, until a week ago."

"I missed you Danny Boy!" She squeezed me again.

"I missed you too." I returned the welcome.

"I got you some of your favorite fruit, peaches!" She excitedly stated.

"Thanks, but where do you get the money?" I asked.

"I got a job too, but before you say anything. I didn't use any of the money you sent us. I bake pies with Aunt Ailbe and we sell them to get more food and extra ingredients." She finished.

"That's fantastic!" I answered. "So how is Christopher?"

"It didn't work out. He wasn't the most intelligent, you know? But how are you? Have anyone you're interested in?" Blodwen asked.

"I do, actually." I said.

"What's his name?" She looked, excited.

"Thomas." I blushed.

"What's his last name? O'Rourke? O'Malley? O'Reilly?" She asked

"Barrow." I said.

"Oh how cute, he's English! He sounds lovely already! We must have him over. By the way, I am seeing someone and he's coming over for dinner tonight!" She squeaked.

"Really? When?" There was a knock on the front door.

"That must be him. I'll get it. Oh and Danny..." She paused.

"Yeah Bloddy?" I asked, using one of her many nicknames.

"I really feel good about this one, so try to be nice." She pleaded.

"When am I not?" I said sarcastically.

She laughed and turned to walk to the door. A moment later she brought in her date. The last person I would have ever expected walked into the kitchen.

"Aunt Ailbe, Danny. This is Jimmy Kent."

Dun dunnn, kinda changed things a bit. Wow I've had a lot of writers block. Over 700 views. I love you all so muchhh! If you like Sherlock fanfiction, check out my new fanfic. It's not probably just sheriarty, it could be johnlock, but eh you know. Peace out cubscout.
-MoriartysHolmie