Nightmares

Daniel POV

After dinner I showed Jimmy to my room where he'd sleep tonight. I was still unsure about him, but I knew my older sister knew what she was doing.

Around 8 o'clock I fell asleep.

Jimmy POV

It was about 9 o'clock that I woke up. I had heard a noise that sounded like crying. I got up to see what it was.

The sound was coming from Blodwen's room, so I knocked on the door softly.

"Bloddie are you okay?" I whispered.

I opened the door to see Blodwen crying in her sleep.

I ran over to her side after I closed the door. "Bloddie. Wake up."

She sniffled, opening her eyes. "What happened, Jimmy?"

" You must've had a nightmare. Do you want to talk about it?" I asked stroking her red hair.

"Oh. It was nothing. It's the same dream I always have. It's about the accident." She stuttered.

"Tell me about it." I calmly said to her.

"Okay. It happened November 20th when I was 4 years old. Mother and Father were in the front. Daniel and I in the back. We were on our way to the market to sell the crops we harvested at Aunt Ailbe's. Then it all went so fast."

She paused for a minute, and it appeared as if she wouldn't continue. I was about to speak up and tell her she needn't bring up such painful memories, but she began again.

"All of a sudden, a car appeared in front of us...and it killed both of my parents on impact. I saw everything happen, but I didn't cry. No, I had to stay strong for Danny. He barely remembers any of it. He was too young to." She paused for a moment. "Ever since, I stayed strong, I had to. Sure we had Aunt Ailbe, thank God for that, but no one ever... did that for me." "My whole life, I had to be there for someone else, but never had I had someone to care just for me."

I was speechless. "I..."

She tilted up to me. "Suddenly you came along and...you cared for me...I'm just so...confused."

"Blodwen. I may not have been a good man in the past, but from now on I have something to be good for." I weakly smiled.

"And what is that Jimmy?" She sniffed.

"You."

Nothing else mattered then, not Lady Anstruther, nor any other past romances. All that mattered was Blodwen, whom I had unknowingly given my heart to.

I tipped her head and kissed her. It wasn't the sloppy, drunk, lustful kisses I was used to, but a sweet passionate one that could only be shared by two people who loved each other.

"I love you, Jimmy."

"I love you too, Blodwen." And for once in my life. I meant it.

Daniel POV

A week had come and gone and it was time to return to Downton.

I looked over, expecting to see Jimmy still sleeping, but all I saw were empty sheets.

I thought nothing of it until I was dressed in my liveries and went to say my goodbyes to Blodwen.

"Blod. I'm leaving and I just wanted to say..."  I stopped mid sentence.

I saw Jimmy laying next to Blodwen. I was fuming. Until I saw the sheets separating them. Maybe Jimmy isn't so bad.

I walked out of the house to the car to wait for Lady Mary.

"Good morning Lady Mary. How was your week?" I asked.

"Horrendous. But thank you for asking. How was yours, Daniel?" Lady Mary greeted.

"Just fine, thank you Lady Mary." I responded.

"Why are men so difficult Daniel?" Lady Mary asked hypothetically.

I smirked, she had no idea. "I don't know Lady Mary."

"I mean why can't they just say what they feel?" Mary pouted.

The silence seemed to last forever.

It was late when we reached Downton so I parked the car in the parking garage.

"May I talk to you for a moment, Daniel?" Lady Mary walked around the car.

"Of course Lady Mary. What do you need?" I asked, shutting my door.

Before I could process what was going on, Lady Mary's arms were wrapped around my neck.

"Oh Daniel. I've watched you. Your slight movements, your good mornings." She twirled my curly hair in her finger.

"Lady Mary. I'm afraid you're mistaken." I moved away.

She came up again and gripped me by the waist. "Kiss me Daniel."

"Lady Mary. I don't believe this is proper." I said.

"Why? I mean Sybil married a chauffeur,  so why can't I?"She asked.

"Because they were in love. We are not. " I said taking her hands off of me.

" Well...you sure made it seem that way. Goodnight Daniel." She said, her voice ice.

That was strange. I trudged into Downton, somewhat glad to be back.

I woke the next morning to get an early start on the day. Before I could reach the kitchen, I saw Jimmy come through the staff entrance.

"Hello Jimmy."

"Daniel."

I continued to the dining area to make myself a cup of tea.

"Daniel?" A voice behind me called.

"You're back!" It was just Daisy.

A bit crestfallen, I responded to the cheery Irish girl. "Hello Daisy. Why are you up so early?"

"I'm always up this early. Breakfast can't make itself. Would you like some tea?" The high pitched Irish voice offered.

"That would be lovely. Just a bit of sugar. I had a long night." I told her thinking back to last night's events. "Daisy. I'm just curious, but what part of Ireland are you from?"

"Belfast." She said making the tea.

"Thank you." I said taking the tea from her as she sat down.

"Where are you from Daniel?" She asked, leaning her chin on her hand.

"I'm from Dublin, actually." She began to reply but was called away by Mrs. Patmore.

"Goodbye Daniel." She sighed.

"I'm sure I'll see you around Daisy." I laughed.

I wasn't eager to begin work, especially when no one needed to be driven anywhere.

I went back to check on Thomas to see if he was in his room.

I looked into his room but didn't see him anywhere.

"Boo." Someone said behind, startling me.

"Thomas." I turned to see the black haired under butler smiling.

"I just want to kiss you." He said, squeezing my shoulder.

"Someone will see us." I said to him.

"I missed you." He caressed my chin.

"Thomas, we should get to breakfast." I muttered huskily.

"I guess we should." He pulled me into his room.

Jimmy POV

"What did I just see?"

Hey hey everyone!! I threw in another update because of the 1k reads lol I'm so happy you guys like it! How often do you guys want updates? Just let me know. Do you like Blimmy? (That's Jimmy and Blodwen's ship name)
Thanks again. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!!
-MoriartysHolmie