Tension

Hey lovely homosapiens!! I'm really grumpy and sore because I despise gym!!! Does anyone else have to do the beep test? I hate it. Anywho...go check out my new works and my final project poems on poetfreak.com at LuciMel_Novak
-MoriartysHolmie

Daniel POV

   "Hello Daniel." Jimmy said awkwardly.

   "Um hello...Jimmy." I answered, just as awkward.

   "You know each other?" Blodwen shouted in shock.

   "Bloddie...uh...Daniel and I work at the same house together." Jimmy replied.

   "Yes we do." I said calmly.

   "Oh good. Then we can avoid the...*she kicked my chair.* awkward introductions."

   Blodwen gritted her teeth.

   "Oh yes of course Bloddie." Jimmy looked at her gratefully.

   "Yep." I answered.

   "Oi! Let me go get Aunt Ailbe! She'll be overjoyed!"Bloddie ran to find Aunt Ailbe.

   "Soooo...." I ran up to Jimmy before he could say a thing more an I grabbed him by the collar.

   "You listen and you listen well and until I'm done ya don't utter a sing word more. Whatever you may have done in the past doesn't matter now. All that matters is me sis and her feelings. You do anything, harm a single hair on her head, make her shed a single tear, and I will not let you rest." I took in a breath, "Am I makin' myself clear, James?"

   "Crystal." He gulped.

   "Good." I finished my threat just in time, since Blodwen, with Aunt Ailbe in tow, were walking down the hall.

   "Jimmy why do you look like ya have just seen a ghost?"Blodwen asked concerned.

   "No ghosts, we were just havin' a little talk about...work. Is that right, Jimmy?" I spoke in a fast paced manner.

   "Yes that seems correct." He coughed.

   "Alright...Well. Jimmy, this is my Aunt Ailbe."She turned to face Aunt,"Aunt Ailbe. This is Jimmy. He is my beau."

   There it was, out in the open. My sister is with the man whom my boyfriend used to love. And he certainly did not approve of "My kind".

Thomas POV

   Has it been a week yet? I can't tell. I shouldn't ask anyone. Or should I? I don't want to seem to suspicious. It's not as if Everyone does not know I'm a homosexual, well, except for Daisy. That's who Daniel should be with, a girl. Someone he can actually be happy with. Why should I keep him confined to a life of ridicule and damnation?

   "Why??" I cried out a bit louder than I'd liked to.

   There was a sudden soft knock at the door. "Mr. Barrow? Are you alright?" A soft spoken voice, I recognized as Anna asked.  

   My mouth opened to say no, but I thought better. "N-Yes. I'm fine."

   "Okay. Then" She walked away from the door.

   I really need to talk to someone. I wish Daniel were here.

Daniel POV

   "So how did you two meet?" Aunt Ailbe said,  as we were seated at the 4 person dining table.

   "Well..." they both started at the same time. "No you." Again. "I'll go." Blodwen finally started the story.

   "It started a few weeks ago when I went to Yorkshire." I interrupted her story.

   "You were in Yorkshire and you didn't tell me?" I asked, slightly hurt.

   "I was only running some errands...Anyways, I was going to the market to get a few apples for the pies. I reached for an apple but I was too short, so I picked from the bottom, I should've known they were going to fall but I weren't thinking. So I picked out a large red one and they all toppled down on me. I sat there cursing myself for being so stupid. He helped me up and paid for all of the apples that fell." She grasped his hand under the table and his tightened expression softened. "And he walked me to the train."

   "Oh. How sweet, reminds me of how my first relationship was." Aunt Ailbe relayed. "So what do you do Jimmy?"

   "I'm a first footman." Jimmy stopped chewing.

   "A very honorable position, indeed." Aunt Ailbe continued eating but stopped to talk. "Where are you staying in London?"

   "I'm staying at the Regal Lion Inn. I was offered to stay at my old employer's estate, but I was invited to eat dinner here so I Declined." He smiled at Blodwen.

   A light bulb went off in Blodwen's head,

   "Oh Jimmy you must stay here! We have room. You could share a room with Danny! Aunt Ailbe please!" She begged like a child at a toy store window.

   "Well...only if Daniel doesn't mind sharing the space. Daniel?" Aunt Ailbe turned to me.

   I looked at my sister's pleading face and decided I  couldn't break her heart and say no. "Why not?" I forced a polite grin.

   While Jimmy looked as though he was about to have a stroke, my sister was overjoyed and that's all I could ask for.