16| pretty

This could be worse right? I mean it doesn't look too bad. It's just a bruise. 

I woke up this morning barely being able to roll onto my side without feeling like someone poured lava on my hip. Standing in front of the mirror it does look that bad. But it could be just me that thinks it's that bad. It's splotches of purple, yellow, blue, and maybe even some green and it's the size of my hand at least from what I can see. Yesterday it was only red but I could feel the fire spread over that area whenever pressure was put on it.

I stretch my pajama pants to reveal more of my hip to see if it's bigger than what I expected. The splotches fade as they reach the top of my outer thigh. They mesh with the light uneven tiger stripes that make their way throughout my outer thigh. 

I was so focused on myself that I wasn't aware of the main door unlocking. L, Tate, Carter, and Liam walk inside before I get the chance to fix my clothes.

"What the hell? How did that happen?" L asks closing the door behind her as I gently place the waistband of my pants above my hip.

"Did someone do that to you?" Tate also asks placing a paper coffee cup holder with one last drink in it on the coffee table.

"Give me a name and I'll be back in twenty minutes." L scowls already looking like she's going to pounce once I give her a name.

"I'd be back in ten." Liam grunts. Carter stands behind all of them watching me with concern written all over his face.

"Relax nobody did this to me. I technically did it to myself because I slipped on some ice yesterday. It's not that bad." I watch them through the mirror.

"Not that bad! It is literally the size of my hand and it's purple. Not that bad is the size of a quarter." L chastises removing her shoulder bag and setting it on the couch. She moves towards me to get a look at it again.

"Teagans right it's not that bad I mean it looks bad but that's because it just appeared." Liam sets a cardboard coffee holder down with one cup in it on the coffee table.

"See, plus there's nothing really I can do about it. It'll go away in a couple of days it doesn't hurt that bad." That last part was a lie but It's just a bruise. They all look convinced by my reassurance except Carter. He gives me a look that basically says "sure, sure"

"Well, we came to pick you up for lunch so get a move on it." L hands me the last cup in the holder.

"Okay hold on let me change." I take a sip from the cup before walking to my room.

Shutting the door closed I shimmy out of my pants being careful around my hip. I grab my usual Yale sweater and black leggings. After I had carefully changed into my clothes letting the waistband lie a little higher than it usually does I re-apply the light makeup I had put on earlier. I grab a bunch of my hair and tug my comb through it. I'm detangling the clumps of hair that had formed from my messy bun that I had put it in earlier.

We walk inside the rustic restaurant that people mainly go to in the morning or afternoon for brunch. Tate tells me about the date she had with some girl she met on a dating app while we wait for someone to seat us. When someone does they lead us to a table near the back. L sits at the end of the table and I pull out a chair close to her side. Liam and Tate sit across from me and Carter seats himself next to me.

Liam, Tate, and L dive into a conversation when Carter turns to me. "So are you sure your okay? I saw that bruise and I'm pretty familiar with bruises. That one didn't look like it was painless at all I know which ones look painful and which ones aren't actually."

"I can assure you I am fine. It's not that bad."

"You winced yesterday when sat down yesterday and again just a couple of minutes ago when you sat down." Carter interrogates me. I didn't even realize that I had winced.