15| home

"Are you ever gonna tell me what you said to Jack?" Raya asks me over the phone as I get ready for class this morning.

"Hmmm..." I pretend to mull over my decision. "Nope." I sit on the edge of my bed slipping on some fuzzy socks.

"Why not? But if anything you made him scared of you."

"Good. That's what I was going for." I slip on my black boots since mother nature decided to grace us with her presence of snow early. "Anyways I met Colin." I try to switch the topic.

"Ahh, Colin. Love him he humbles Jack now and then to keep his head from getting too big."

I think about my talk with Jack last weekend again debating whether if I should tell Raya or not.

I wait in the hallway outside Raya's apartment waiting for Jack to come out of his apartment. I hear the wood creaking on the other side of the door indicating someone is there. When the door opens a shirtless guy is standing in front of me. His brown hair is disheveled and his blue eyes are focused on me. My eyes can't help but linger on his toned abs and muscular arms. My eyes move to his veiny arm holding the door open before focusing back on his eyes. 

His eyes aren't like Carter's his are much paler and don't have any gray streaks.

I really need to stop. 

"Is Jack there?" I ask blandly.

"Yeah, hold on."  He says before turning back and calling Jack's name. "So who are you?"

"I'm Teagan, I'm not from here," I answer trying not to reveal much about me.

The guy's mouth opens to say something but before anything comes out Jack makes his way out of his room and towards us.

"Wha- Oh hi Teagan," Jack says to me before turning to blue eyes and looks at him silently tell him to leave us alone.

"I care about Raya so don't you dare fuck up what you have with her." Blue eyes grits out through his clenched teeth.

I like him.

Blue eyes eyebrows are furrowed and his lips are pressed into a hard line. Jack is trying to hold back a grin. Oh shit, I said that out loud didn't I? Too late now.

"I'm Teagan I went to high school with Jack and Raya." I step forward holding my hand out to distract them from my brain fart.

"Oh, you're that Teagan. I've heard Raya talk about you." Blue eyes takes my hand and shakes it before releasing it. "I'm Colin." So Colin is one of the two.

"Nice to meet you, Colin." I gently smile at him. "Anyways, I need to talk to you."  I turn to Jack.

"Okay," Jack answers confusion laced in his tone. Colin moves out of the doorway and Jack opens the door wider for me to enter.

"This won't take long." I turn around to face Jack as he closes the door behind him. 

Their apartment is nearly identical to Raya's well of course except for the furniture and decorations. Colin is on their couch with the TV on and within hearing range. I walk towards their kitchen and Jack follows so that we're out of Colin's hearing range.

"Raya will murder me if I tell you this but I'm going to tell you it anyways for her sake. When you started ghosting us in high school for some reason Raya even though she had that whole 'I don't need you, your loss' whole attitude you really hurt her." I watch for his reaction and only a faint frown takes over his lips.