5| Halloween

"Boo!" Tate jumps in front of me trying to scare me. I don't even flinch.

"Ah," I say sarcastically. Tate scoffs at my fake reaction. I have two other siblings what'd she expect?

"You could've acted more scared you know." I walk around Tate and sit on the sofa.

"Your face is scarier than that." I tease Tate which earns me a hit on the arm. "I'm kidding you're gorgeous!"

"Damn right I am," Tate says flipping her braids behind her shoulder. L left for Boston yesterday she was practically bouncing off the walls to see Phillip. Which reminds me I should visit Raya soon.

I slip on my high-heeled chunky combat books and walk to the mirror to scan my "costume". "Look your the height of an average person." Tate snickers.

"Haha, you're so funny," I say blandly. I run my hands over my thighs covered in my ripped black skinny jeans. Tate gave me her black scoop-neck bodysuit to wear. Since the jeans are mid-rise slivers of the skin on my hips are showing. I place the cheap headband with horns in my hair. I examine my makeup to make sure there's no fallout, on top of my usual black eyeliner I put a stripe of red eyeliner. I grab my cherry red lipstick and run it along my lips one more time. Tate is wearing her 'error 404' costume. Well, she's wearing white jeans she's gonna regret that later and a white lace tank top. She then stuck a piece of paper that says 'error 404 costumes not found' on top.

"Okay let's go." I grab my phone and keys and turn to see Tate following behind me. "Wait where is this again?" I ask.

"Same frat house as always." Tate opens the door and walks out holding it open for me. We take an uber because neither of us wants to be the driver and L isn't here. Once we pull up to the drunk student infested lawn we thank the driver and walk out. I'm honestly not gonna be surprised if while walking to the porch some frat boy jumps out of the bush with a wolf mask on. We make it onto the porch without anyone jumping out of the bushes.

The minute we open the front door the usual scent of beer and sweat mixed with scents of perfume and cologne wafts in our faces making my eyes water a bit. I never know what to do or look for when I first get to parties. I walk around with Tate going farther into the house. I'm guessing we're heading to the kitchen to get drinks. Looking around I see that I should've listened to Tate when insulted my costume. I've passed at least eight other devils here. My costume was probably the most modest out of the other eight I've seen.

"There you guys are." Liam appears out of nowhere slinging a muscular arm over my shoulder. He gives me a slight rub on my head with his knuckle. He stumbles a little revealing his intoxication.

"Seriously?" I quirk an eyebrow at him fixing my hair and readjusting my headband stepping out of his reach.

"Come on let's play some beer pong." Liam slurs slightly walking away assuming we'll follow. He's wearing a striped black and white shirt and a whistle around his neck. I don't get his thinking, as much as he complains about the refs he decides to dress up as one. I turn my head to look at Tate and she shrugs before following after him. I won't play but I'll watch. Trailing behind Tate we walk through the kitchen and into the crowded living room.

"So are we doing teams or am I gonna beat you by myself?" Tate baits Liam standing at the other side of the table. I don't what team she's talking about because I'm not playing. I sit on the musty couch in front of the table pulling my phone out to entertain myself for the time being. Carter walks into the living room wearing jeans and a gray shirt holding a red solo cup. The shirt is tight around his biceps and chest.

Liam narrows his eyes at Tate. "Fine, we'll do this one on one." Liam bounces a ping pong ball over to Tate.

"I'll go first." Tate evilly smiles at Liam. She lifts her hand up and lightly bounces the ball right into one of Liam's cups. "Drink up pretty boy." Tate innocently tilts her head at him. I'm about to text Raya when I feel the couch dip beside me. I look up from my phone and see Carter sitting next to me. He looks at me and out of respect I put my phone away.