17| mom

Traveling was always something I did with my family. My parents and siblings love it and I do too but I'm always too anxious to relax. Thoughts like did I leave the stove on? What if somebody breaks into our house? What if we get lost in this foreign country? And other thoughts like that would always pop into my head and send me into a spiral.

My parents would time and time again tell me they double checked everything. Adding on that I didn't need to worry about anything. Now, traveling alone it isn't any easier. But I could relax knowing that leaving the dorm everything would be okay since almost everyone is leaving campus.

I triple check my small luggage to make sure I have everything I need. Then I move onto my travel bag to make sure I have my plane ticket and passport just for precautionary measures. My eyes scan my room to make sure everything is tidy before I hear a knock at the main door. Knowing that L is still here I know she'll answer it.

L told me she'll leave when I leave so that I won't have to wait alone. I insisted that she go because I'd be fine but she refused. She still has to pick up Liam before she heads home. I lug my baggage out into the common room and drop it by the couch. L is standing at the door talking to Carter who is still out there in the hall. L steps out of the way so Carter can enter.

"You ready to go?" Carter approaches me with his hands in the pocket of his Yale hoodie.

"Yeah hold on let me just double-check," I tell him. This is probably the fourth time I've double-checked but it's giving me peace of mind. I walk back into my room and scan the floor and my made bed.

Once I have made sure I had taken my charger and unplugged everything that was gonna go unused for the time being I go back to Carter. L and him are talking near the door once again and my luggage near Carter's feet now.

When Carter sees me walk up to them he reaches down to grab my suitcase. "No it's heavy I'll do it."

I'm about to grab it but he beats me to it. "I lift more than this I think I can handle a small suitcase." Carter laughs and his cheeks raise making a small dimple appear on only his left cheek. He continues to grasp my suitcase and heads out the door with me following behind.

Right of course he can handle a small suitcase I've seen him shove another player into the boards.

L follows behind us and I hear the door click behind us. As we continue walking out of the dorm I feel like I should go back there to make sure the door is fully closed.

When we reach the parking lot L says. "Relax Teagan, what is anybody gonna wanna steal from a college dorm?" L responds to my thoughts. When I don't respond she continues. "Exactly nothing now go have fun." She winks at me and before I get the chance to scowl at her she takes off in the direction of her car. "Bye Carter!" She resonates through the parking lot.

Carter puts my luggage in the back while I get into the passenger seat. My seatbelt clicks when I put it in as Carter hops into the driver's seat. The lock clicks when he puts the car in reverse and backs out of the parking space. He's turned around looking out the back window as he uses the palm of his hands to turn the wheel.

"Did you eat anything yet?" He asks me when he's facing the front now. I did eat but I want to see what he has to offer.

"Yeah, but what do you have?" He pulls out a brown bag from the compartment in between us and hands it to me. When I unroll the top of the bag there are a few donuts in there. I pull out the one with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles on top of it.

"So I know you don't like traveling alone and L told me you're an anxious traveler." He says still looking at the road.

Oh, so you guys were talking about me. "I see, has L given you my care-taking instructions?" I tease.