11| lights

"Ugh, why'd you invite him?" Raya grumbles whipping her head to face me when I enter her room. Her wavy black shoulder-length hair also whipping over her shoulder.

I know she wants him there she's just in denial. In denial of her feelings.

"Relax it'll be fun," I tell her pulling out my favorite baby blue silk cowl neck dress that ends mid-thigh that I packed. "Plus what do you have against him we were all friends once." I remind her.

"I know but he just gets on my nerves." Honey, I think you're mistaking that with something else. She reaches into her closet asking for my opinions on different dresses.

"That one is perfect," I exclaim when she pulls out a red body con dress that has thick straps and a small slit at the thigh. Red is definitely her color it compliments her personality and she can pull it off. Compared to me when I try a red look I look like a devil had their period on me. Or a child that tried to do their makeup with their parent's red lipstick.

I change into my dress and Raya lets me borrow a pair of her nude platform heels. Raya is looking into her mirror applying a cherry red lipstick. When I look into the mirror my hair looks frizzy. "Can I borrow your straightener?" I ask her raking my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah here," She says opening a drawer to her dresser. She grabs the straightener and a fine-tooth comb and pushes the drawer closed. "The bathroom is the door on the left." She adds on and hands me the straightener and comb. I thank her before exiting her room. 

When I close the door behind me before I get the chance to lock it, it opens again. Tate makes her way inside. "I'm jealous of Raya all her friends are hot. Sadly they're all straight." She fake sniffles

"What I'm not hot?" I tease her plugging the straightener into the wall to let it heat up.

"Shut up you know you're hot and you don't need another compliment to get to your head." She scoffs.  Is there such a thing as receiving too many compliments?

"But you don't know that they are all straight?" I tell her sectioning my hair. I mean she doesn't know that Raya's roommates aren't straight.

"I had to ask. I didn't make them uncomfortable then lose an opportunity of making new friends. Plus I didn't want to make a total fool of myself." She tells me checking herself out in the mirror above the sink. "Aria said she's straight and Kay's exact words were 'I wish pussy did it for me.'" Tate laughs at the words she repeated. I start to pull the brush through my hair then straightening it. "And for Jack, that boy is long gone. Raya damn sure is lucky."

"I know right! It's so obvious. But they aren't together. Yet. I give them about a month before they get together." I agree with Tate while straightening more of my hair.

"I give them two weeks. Also, your hair is already naturally straight, why are you straightening it?"

"My hair looks frizzy." I shrug pulling the straightener down the bunch of hair. "But anyway I'm sure you'll meet someone tonight."

"True,"

I finish straightening my hair and touch up my makeup. I walk out of the bathroom Tate trailing behind me. Kay and Aria are on the couch Raya still in her room. Aria is wearing black high waisted jeans with a black lacey tank that has a deep V-neck. Kay is wearing a long sleeve emerald green one-shoulder dress that ends in the middle of her thigh. Jack is going through their fridge. He's wearing casual jeans and a white shirt with a brown leather jacket on top.

Raya walks out of her room wearing her red dress with black pumps. Her hair half up and half down. "Okay let's go." She walks over to the closet by the door. Jack's eye following her every step. "Wait are we getting an Uber or who is the designated driver?"

"Let's just get an uber," I suggest.

"Okay, I'll get one," Aria says then looks up at us. "We'll probably need two." She adds on and turns on her phone. A few minutes later she tells us it'll be here in ten minutes.

I end up in a car with Tate, Kay, and Aria. I packed us all into one of the cars making Jack and Raya take the other one for themselves. 

"I see what you did there." Aria smiles at me "It's obvious they have feelings for each other. Whenever I ask Raya about it she just says it's my imagination." Kay says sitting next to me

Tate laughs from the passenger seat. "Sounds like someone I know." 

"Not the same thing," I tell Tate. "Raya and Jack were friends before," I tell both Kay and Aria.

"Yeah, Raya told us about that." Aria pulls out her phone. 

"He's over all the time something is bound to happen between the two of them," Kay tells me.

"True, but so are his roommates," Aria tells Kay.

Once we get to the club Jack and Raya are just getting out of their car. Jack gets out first and offers his hand to Raya to help her get out. She takes his hand and smoothes her dress once she's standing. We all look at each other like teenagers when their friend just talked to the person she likes. We get out of our car and walk behind them. 

There's a huge line. Are we going to have to wait in that?

The bouncer sees Jack and opens the door for us. Should I even be surprised?  Jack has always been a known person in high school and why would that change in college. He places his hand on Raya's lower back guiding her inside us following behind. She glares up at Jack but he doesn't care.

The music is blaring to the point where I can feel my eardrums pounding. The whole place is still so dim even though the different colored lights are flashing all over the place. It's humid and stuffy in here, the dance floor crowded with people.

Even though I have gone to many parties and bars this is nothing like it. This for me feels more intense. I was just surrounded by college students at home, and here I have no idea. 

They all did shots while I just had something fruity and not strong. Jack pulls Raya onto the dance floor. She surprisingly doesn't complain and she doesn't resist. Instead, she puts her arms around his neck and sways with him. 

"Ship names? I was thinking of Jaya or Rack." Aria giggles. We somehow managed to hear her over the music.

"I don't know, both of those don't sound good not gonna lie," Kay says and I nod agreeing.

Tate brings everyone onto the dance floor. I didn't really want to dance but the others do so I just agree to watch our stuff for now.

I see Aria, Kay, and Tate in their own little circle dancing. My eyes skim the dance floor looking for Raya. She's still dancing with Jack her back against his front and his head buried in her neck. 

Feeling lonely I decide to join them only for a moment. When I reach Tate she cheers and pulls me into the suffocating dance circle.

This one is a little shorter than the rest since I had writer's block. But hopefully, it wasn't too bad.

Please comment and vote by pressing the star!