3| Andy's

Got through the first month of the school year. Check!

Loving all my classes. Check!

Immensely pooped out. Check!

Haven't seen or thought about Carter James. Nope!

Well, that's mainly because he's in one of my lecture classes. I don't think he even notices I'm in the class because he's never looked in my direction nor said hi to me. But I don't blame him there's like 200 or more students in the class. I didn't even realize he was in the class till after the first two weeks. I'm not taking it personal plus I wouldn't be surprised if he forgot who I was. But it's not like I even wanted him to remember me.

There's almost more than a week left till Halloween. But instead of going around for candy now, it's going around for alcohol. Not gonna lie I miss when it was candy.

The cool fall breeze is blowing my hair behind my shoulders as I walk to the library to get some studying done. I like to stay a week ahead so that if something comes up unexpectedly I won't be buried under work. L and Tate are the opposite, they wait till the last minute and still manage to do great in school. They've been like this since always. Liam on the other hand and is like me since he has hockey and parties to balance out.

I walk into the library and see the other students trying to study trying to meaning they're on their phones. I find a desk isolated in the corner. I always try to find the isolated desks so that I can stay in the zone. I take off my backpack and place it on the chair next to mine and put my chair on my chair. I take my class stuff and iPad out and go over my lecture notes.

I check the time on the corner of the screen it's a little past ten o'clock. I've been studying for two hours, I finished going over my notes and a project that's due in a week. Now I when I have free time I can do whatever I want which means sleep. I pull out my phone and check my messages and snaps. L and Tate texted me multiple times within the past twenty minutes.

9:39 Lena: I'm hungry you guys wanna get food?

9:39 Tate: YES

9:40 Lena: Teags?

9:44 Tate: I think she's studying and her phone is on silent

9:44 Lena: Well Teags if ur reading this meet us at wherever we eat.

I'm in the mood for food pshh when am I not. I pack up my things and fast walk to the restaurant that isn't too far from the library. Stars aren't visible in the sky because of the light pollution. It doesn't even look like it's ten o'clock. The sky is glowing but not naturally, it glows like it's charged electrically. When I stayed at my cousin's cabin up north at home the sky would be so dark, the only thing glowing were the stars. I used to be able to see the big and little dipper all the time. Now I forgot where to look for it since I can't see anything in the city.

I pull the door open to Andy's the cute family diner near campus where L, Tate, and I go for comfort food. I see L and Tate sat at the booth that we normally sit at when it's vacant. I slide into the booth next to L and drop my backpack on the floor underneath the table.

"Hey, sorry I was studying." I grab a mozzarella stick off of L's plate. L unlike me doesn't mind sharing.

"To be expected,  you already finished the project for statistics I'm guessing." L grabs a mozzarella stick of her plate.

"Yes now we go to the bar this weekend and you'll have my full attention," I tell them. My eyes skim the diner trying to spot a waiter so I can order. After talking about our plans for the weekend a waitress walks up to our table. She looks our age.