10| boston

Last night after dinner I called Raya back and we planned our weekend. Tate and I are going to stay at Raya's and L is gonna be with Phillip. Raya told me we can just hang around Boston and possibly go out to a club or something.

I managed to pack everything I need in point two seconds. We're leaving for Boston after Tate's last class at six. Which means we'll get there by at least nine with stops and all. We have tonight and all day tomorrow and then we leave on Sunday around four. I don't know what L's plan is but she'll probably go with it as it comes.

I decide to do some homework since I'm done with my classes for today. There's not much to do because I already did most of my work before. So that means I get this whole weekend without stressing about school. That's a first.

I finish up my last reading when L comes back from her class. We still have to wait an hour till Tate is done. L makes a few adjustments to the clothes she's bringing. She goes back and forth from her room to the common area asking me which one she should bring. They all good so I just say the left or the right not knowing which is what.

I end up turning on the TV and get into the episode I last left off on Gilmore Girls. This is probably the third time I've rewatched this show. There's nothing good on Netflix anymore so I just come back to this. 

Right when the next episode starts Tate walks in and as soon as the door shuts behind her L jumps off the couch. "Are you ready? Let's go!" She rushes out like a hyper child.

"Yeah hold on let me get a couple of things," Tate affirmed dropping her backpack next to the couch before walking into her room.

"Bring something for clubbing just in case," I shouted so Tate could hear me clearly.

"Fuck yes!" She cheers and I can hear her clothes ruffling around in her wardrobe. "You guys can wait for me in the car I'll be out in a couple of minutes."

I look at L and she nods. I get off the couch and grab my duffle next to the couch. I wait for L and follow her out the door. She unlocks her trunk and we throw our bags in there. I get into the passenger seat while she gets into the driver's seat.

Tate knocks on L's trunk to let her know to open it. When Tate gets into the backseat L starts driving. Tate connects to the aux and we all end up singing along to what she just put on. Tate starts recording herself and us as she's singing. She's that friend that just records anything. It's funny though because of the one year ago, today slideshows that'll pop up. We'll all just be watching the videos like what the fuck. Who is that cause I don't know her? But also, I love seeing the videos of us doing random shit or crying about something stupid. To me, it shows how much I've grown or become even more mentally ill.

This road trip feels like nothing to me. My family has always gone on road trips to save money. I think the longest I've been in a car was a whole day. We basically drove from the midwest to the south. So these measly two hours just feels like I'm stuck in traffic on a normal day.

I text Raya to send me her address so that L can drop us off before she heads into the heart of Boston. She replies almost instantly and asks how far I am. I tell I'm about fifteen minutes away and she replies that she'll wait for us near the entrance.

L pulls into a lot of an apartment complex. I convince her to come inside with us before she leaves to see Phillip so she can meet Raya and her roommates. She agrees and parks in one of the spaces. Tate and I grab our bags and walk over to the entrance and Raya is already running outside and jumping onto me.

"Hi, bitch! I missed you!" She squeals before hugging me tightly.

"I missed you too! Finally!" I say feeling the same amount if not more excitement than Raya is feeling. I pull away from the hug to introduce her to L and Tate. "This is Lena and that's Tate." I point to both of them.