A Message to Home

Hello readers, I thought I would get in another chapter of this story before the new year came. Goodbye 2020 and Hello 2021! I hope 2021 will be a better year because I don't know about you but 2020 has been a terrible year, there's been the creation of the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, and cops killing innocent people. To everyone I hope we all have a happy and better New Year!

Lita was currently training with Vader he was showing all of the seven forms of lightsaber combat. Lita made sure to watch her father closely and carefully as he was showing her all seven forms and was trying to follow with his examples.

When he was teaching her Form VII, Lita was trying to follow his movements. Form VII was considered the most aggressive and unpredictable disciplines it was also a difficult acrobatic style to master and therefore the most disputed.

Lita groaned with annoyance, "I can't do it right."

"You have only just started using it, my daughter. It will take more time before you master all seven forms of lightsaber combat." Vader said, "We are still training to develop your skills and you still have much to learn, young one. But I'm afraid this is all the training we can do for today."

Lita frowned, "Why's that, Father?"

"I'm meeting with Governor Tarkin and Admiral Thrawn," Vader explained.

"Is it of the Rebels?" Lita asked.

"Yes," Vader answers, "Now go back to your quarters."

"Yes, Father," Lita bowed and left.

On her way back Lita was pondering on why of all people in the Empire did Vader had to meet with scum like Tarkin and Thrawn, especially Thrawn, even if it was to discuss Rebels. Lita didn't trust him from the moment she met the Chriss. Vader had once admitted to her that Thrawn knew of his identity, that he was once Anakin Skywalker, and somehow knew that Lita was his daughter, which made her very uncomfortable. The only other person, besides the Emperor, who was aware of Lita being the daughter of Darth Vader was Captain Firmus Piett, while he was loyal to the Empire, he was more loyal to Darth Vader than to the Emperor, which was why Lita wasn't bothered with him knowing it.

Lita's thoughts then went to her family on Naboo. She wasn't sure how they were after Vader took her from her home on Naboo. Were they hurt? Were they safe? She hoped they were safe, but Lita also knew they were most likely worried for her and wonder what happen to her. If only there was a way to send a message to them to at least let them know that she was still alive.

As she continued walking back to her quarters she came across something unexpected, in a corner was an R2-series astromech droid that looked like it was broken, it had gray plating with black and white accent panels. Lita remembered that R2-series astromech droids had a video display screen and a holographic projector/recorder has part of their equipment. If Lita could fix the droid then she could send a message to her family on Naboo to let them know she was okay and to try not to worry. Lita then lifted up the broken astromech droid on her back and walked back to her quarters, fortunately thanks to Vader's training she was much stronger than she was when she was still on Naboo.

When she got back to her quarters, Rori and Deethreepio turned to look at her, Rori cocked her slightly curious as to what her owner had brought.

"Miss Lita, where did you find that R2 unit?" Deethreepio asked.

"On my way back from my training," Lita answers to her droid, "I was thinking that maybe if I can fix this droid I could send a message to my family on Naboo to just let them know that I'm okay and that you and Rori are here too."

"But miss, even if you do fix him just how are you planning on getting him to Naboo?" Deethreepio asked with worry in his voice.

"I'll worry of that when the time comes," Lita responds.

Lita then went over to where she kept her tools, some of them were from Vader's castle but there were a couple of tools from when she was still on Naboo. It took her several hours, but she managed to fix the R2 astromech droid.

The R2 unit beeped excitedly as it started working again. When the astromech turned to face Lita it beeped it gratitude.

Deethreepio translated, "He's saying thank you for fixing him."

Lita gave a nod to the droid and then asked it, "What's your name?"

The droid beeped in response.

Once again Deethreepio translated, "He says it's R2-Q2."

Lita smiled at the astromech droid and said, "Well it's nice to meet you, R2-Q2. Can I call you Q2 for short?"

R2-Q2 gave a beep in response.

"He said that he's okay with it," Deethreepio translates.

"Well Kyootoo could do you me a favor? I need to send a message to my family on Naboo," Lita explains to the little droid, "Can you bring it to them?"

Kyootoo beeped again in response.

"He said he can do it and he will, and it seems that he was also from Naboo too," Deethreepio translates.

"Thank you, thank you," Lita hugged the astromech droid.

Lita then got ready to start recording her message. "Aunt Sola, Uncle Darred, Ryoo and Pooja, this is Lita. I wanted to give you this message to let you know that I'm okay. Vader didn't want to kill me or hurt me but he wants me for something else. I can't tell you what it is for, mostly in case this R2 unit ends up in the wrong hands. Also to Aunt Sola and Uncle Darred I'm sorry for leaving the retreat and the Lake Country and I'm sorry for putting all of you in danger. I hope all of you are okay and safe I would never forgive myself if anything happen to any of you, which was why I had to go back, I couldn't let anything happen, to any of you. I want to tell you try not to worry but it's never been easy. But I wanted to let all of you know that I'm okay and I hope all of you are too. I love you all and be safe."

Lita then stopped the message recording, "Did you get all of that Kyootoo?"

Kyootoo beeped happily to let her know that he did.

"Good." Lita smiled, "Now do you think you can get to one of the escape pods without being caught? Or do you need me to accompany you?"

Kyootoo beeped telling her that he could do it himself.

"He says that he can make it to the escape pods on his own and that it would be better that way," Deethreepio says.

"Yeah I think you two are right," Lita agrees, and says to the astromech droid, "Thank you again Kyootoo, and be careful."

Kyootoo beeped in response and then rolled away until he couldn't be seen anymore.

Happy New Year to you all and May the Force Be with You!