Into Town

Lita sat at her desk working on the assignments her tutor left for her. Even though her tutor wasn't there, it didn't prevent Lita from getting assignments to do while he was gone, but she didn't get many assignments during the summer. He had her study history, politics, writing and arts. The assignments she was working on discussed the history of The Old Republic and politics of the Naboo constitution, though Lita would rather work more on her speeder bike that she was keeping in front of the house. For a fourteen year old she showed great interest in tinkering and engineering, even fixed a broken comlink a few times.

Lita was raised by her mother's family all her life, because her parents were dead and she had a private tutor instead of school. Her only friends were her nexu cub, Rori, who she adopted from a trader and her guardians reluctantly allowed Lita to keep her when she managed to tamed her, but they still took precautions, and her white protocol droid, D-3PO, her uncle got to help keep an eye on her, the droid also taught Lita many different languages, etiquette and hospitality. She was also never allowed to leave Varykino, the Lake Retreat, unless at least one of her family members was with her.

"I'm finally done," Lita said happily, "And it won't be long until I'm done with my speeder bike." She just needed the power boosters. Lita decided to get them today.

She turned to the nexu cub, who was lying on the floor, and smiled, "Rori, how about we go into town, today. Since D-3PO isn't here, this will be our only chance," she told her cub. Even though, D-3PO usually stayed with Lita, he had to accompany her uncle at a meeting. Rori responded by getting up and yawning showing her sharp teeth.

Lita knew she was never allowed to go anywhere without her family, but she was only going into town to pick up the power boosters for her speeder bike and visit her mother's tomb, she also had Rori to protect her. But if her aunt and uncle found out, she would be grounded for a long time. Lita grabbed her satchel and white hooded cloak, then opened her window and she and Rori climbed out and took a gondala speeder to the main land of Naboo.

When Lita and Rori arrived into town, Lita saw many people around, who weren't relatives. She also noticed a group of school children around a fountain, as Lita passed them a boy around her age smiled and winked at her, she shook her head and kept walking.

Lita went to the station that sold mechanic supplies. While Lita was at the station she saw a book on the floor, when she picked it up it read, The Jedi Path.

"Interesting," Lita said to herself. "Rori, look at this," she said to the cub, showing her the book in her hand.

Lita heard about the Jedi before, they used a mystical energy known as "The Force," and they were the protectors of the galaxy during The Old Republic. But they were eventually wiped out, because of the Sith, who were once Jedi themselves before they turned to the dark side, and the ones who caused it were The Emperor, who was currently ruling the galaxies, and his Sith apprentice Darth Vader. When Lita paid for the power boosters, she asked the owner if the book she found was his, but he denied it, saying whoever dropped it wasn't coming back for it and that she could keep it, so Lita slipped the book into her satchel, along with her power boosters.

After leaving the shop, Lita headed for the cemetery where her mother was buried. When Lita was younger she would ask her aunt and uncle, as well as her grandparents, about her parents. They would talk about her mother; saying her name, she was the Senator and she died when Lita was born. Though Lita often wondered why they didn't want to talk about her father, all what she knew about her father was that he died before she was born.

"Rori, I really wish I did know who my father was," she said, scratching her pet on the head.

As Lita got closer to the cemetery, she felt a strange vibe like there was someone nearby, and it gave off an unusual presence, but she shrugged it off and continued walking.