Struggling and Discussions

As Lita was trying to block the blaster bolts, she was struggling with some of it. She was able to block most of them, but she got hit with some of them.

"Focus, Lita," Vader directed sharply, "You are too concerned with missing them. Use the Force."

Lita then started slowing down with wielding the light saber. She was able to block more blaster bolts, but she kept getting hit by some of them.

"Lita, use the Force," Vader ordered her.

"I'm trying, Father," Lita grunted in pain from being hit.

"Do or do not," Vader said to the girl, "There is no try."

Lita opened her eyes and frowned at what her father, What does that even mean? How can I do something if I don't try to do it?

Because saying you''ll try is a negative attitude. You're believing that you will not succeed. Vader's voice explained in her head.

"Stay out of my head," Lita snapped, frustrated that Vader could look in her mind.

"You need to learn how to shield your mind," Vader said in a matter of fact tone.

Darth Vader was about to tell Lita to continue, but he was interrupted by a growl from her stomach.

"Are you hungry?" Vader asked her.

Lita felt the heat in her face. She hadn't eaten since yesterday and she never had a chance to eat dinner after she was taken from Naboo.

"Ye... Yes, sorry," Lita said feeling embarrassed.

"Do not apologize, you have to let me know when you're hungry. Put your hood up and come with me," Vader told her.

Lita pulled her hood back up over her head, and they exited the training room. As they were walking side by side, Lita kept looking at her father. Lita wasn't sure if it was because Darth Vader was her father, but walking with him was starting to feel right.

They then arrived at a large room, which from the looks of it was where everyone would go to eat. Lita then noticed a black Protocol droid, who approached them.

"Lord Vader, how might I serve you?" the protocol said, bowing to him.

"Bring my daughter something to eat," Vader said to the droid.

"Right away, sir," the droid said, and disappeared behind a door.

Lita was confused at why her father didn't get anything, "How come you didn't get anything to eat?"

"Because when I'm wearing this suit and mask, I get nutrients into my body," Vader explained.

Lita was silent for a moment, then another question came to her, "Why do you wear it?"

"My former master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, who was also the one who hid you from me, cut off my legs and arm left me to be burned alive on Mustafar," Vader answered.

Lita quickly covered her mouth with her hands to stop herself from spilling out the contents of her stomach, because the thought of limbs being cut off was enough to make him sick. Vader noticed her discomfort, but didn't say anything.

As Lita was keeping her stomach juices down, she asked in a raspy voice, "Why would he do that?"

Vader gestured towards the tables and chairs, "Sit down."

A moment later, the protocol droid came back with Lita's breakfast and left father and daughter alone. Lita was eating while listening to her father.

Vader was telling her how he met her mother, and how he used to be a powerful Jedi. "Unfortunately it was forbidden for a Jedi to fall in love," Vader continued, "So your mother and I married in secret. Three years later, I realized the Jedi were becoming corrupted and unfair."

Lita frowned at this as she was sipping her blue milk, she always believed the Jedi were the guardians of the galaxy, "Why did you think the Jedi were corrupted and unfair?"

Even though Vader didn't like talking about the Jedi, he knew his daughter had to know just how corrupted they were. "Because, they wanted me to do things I knew were wrong, things that were not the Jedi way. I felt betrayed by them, but I didn't know what to do. There were also many times the Jedi were holding me back from certain missions. I soon realized the Jedi wanted to control the ones who had greater power. Then I found out the Chancellor Palpatine was a Sith Lord."

Lita's eyes widen at what her father said, but wanted to know more, "What happen after that?"

"He wanted me to become his apprentice and learn the Dark side of the force, but I decided to hand over to the Jedi council. After I told Master Windu what I learned, he decided to go confront the Chancellor with three other Jedi. Even though, I told him that he would need my help, Master Windu still didn't trust me and told me to wait in the Council Chambers. After a while, I became worried that the Chancellor would die, so I headed to the Chancellor's office to stop the Jedi," he explained.

"But if he was a Sith, why would you care if he dies or not?" Lita asked.

"Because I was having nightmares about your mother dying," Vader explained sadly, "Palpatine told me he had the power to save your mother from dying."

Lita gasped with an expression on her face with shock and disbelief.