Training Begins

Lita woke up early the next day. She yawned and rubbed her eyes, then looked over at her two companions. Rori opened her eyes and looked at her mistress and Deethreepio was powered on.

"Hey guys," Lita said sleepily. She looked around the room and sighed, she still missed Naboo, her family, and her old room.

Lita then got out of bed and went over to the dresser. When she saw the dark uniform and a black hooded cloak that was on the dresser, she frowned, "Does he expect me to wear this? And I already have a white hooded cloak," she commented, looking at her white cloak, she still had on.

Just then Darth Vader entered the room, Can he at least warn me? she asked herself. Vader smirked under his mask, his daughter needed to learn how to control her thoughts. Rori was about to attack the Sith, who entered the room, but Lita did a hand signal, as a way of telling the nexu cub to stay calm.

"I see you found your uniform," Vader said.

"I really have to wear this?" Lita asked with slightly complaining.

"Lita, it's what all Siths wear," Vader told her calmly.

"But what if I don't want to be a Sith," Lita said daringly.

"You don't have a choice, young one," Vader responded, "The Force is strong with you, Lita. You shall become a powerful Sith. It is your destiny."

"Destinies can be changed, Vader," Lita retorted.

"Not for you, child," Vader told her, "I will train you as a Sith. As long as you do what you're told, no harm will come to your companions. But if you try to escape, refuse orders, or disobey me in anyway, your companions will pay the price."

"Oh, dear," cried Threepio. Rori was growling at the Sith Lord, but stayed where she was.

"No," Lita pleaded, "Just leave them alone. I'll take the punishment for my own mistakes."

"I can not allow that, I will not harm you, my daughter," Vader said, "I'll be back in ten minutes and when I come back I would appreciate for you to be fully dressed, and then we can begin your training."

Lita walked over to the bed and dropped down still clutching the black cloak in her hands as tears slid from beneath her eyes. Rori rubbed her head against her arm to comfort her. Threepio thought it would be best not to bother Lita right now.

"Don't cry, Lita," a male voice told her, Lita looked up, but nobody was there. "There is still good in your father. But you must not turn to the Dark Side."

"Who are you?" Lita asked, looking around to find the person who was talking.

"You will know in time," the voice reassured her, "Don't be afraid, Lita. Always remember, you're not alone." Then the voice left, leaving a confused Lita.

"Are you quite alright, Mistress Lita?" Threepio asked, interrupting the girl's thought.

Lita looked at her droid friend and said with a deep sigh, "I don't know. But I better change now."

Lita changed out of her white dress and white cloak, she was wearing, and into her new uniform, already she could sense the darkness surrounding her and it was making her feel miserable. The voice still echoed in her head, You must not turn to the Dark Side. Lita frowned at this and thought, "But if I don't, what will my father do to Rori and Deethreepio?"

Lita was sitting on the bed quietly with Rori in her lap, when Vader returned. When Rori started hissing at the Dark Lord, Lita turned to see him standing before her and used the hand signal to calm Rori down.

"Come with me," said Vader, gently grabbing Lita's arm and escorted his daughter out the door, then told Lita, "Keep your hood up." Lita pulled the hood over her head and took one last look at her companions before the door closed.

As they were walking down the hallways, Lita was looking around seeing Stormtroopers and other Imperial Officers. Darth Vader kept glancing at his daughter, beaming with pride.

"Black suits you well," Vader said to the girl, breaking the silence.

Lita, not knowing what else to think, just replied, "Thank you, Father."

Glancing at his daughter, Vader felt his heart rise. "So you have accepted the truth."

"Yes, Father, I searched my feelings like you said and somehow I knew," Lita replied. Vader nodded at this and they continued walking side by side.

Then the entrance of the training arena appeared in front of them. Lita looked nervously at the black doors labeled Training Facility. "Don't be afraid," the voice told her, Lita took a deep breath, trying to stay calm and hide her fear, as her father guided her through the doors. Lita pulled her hood down to look at a medium sized dark-colored room. Lita noticed there were a few droids in the corner, which she assumed were for training.

"Now, Lita," Vader began, as he let go of Lita's arm, "Have you ever had any teaching about the Force?"

"No, Father," Lita answered, "The closest I had was from the Jedi book I found."

"That book has no meaning for you," Vader snapped, "No child of mine will become a Jedi."

Whoa, he does not like the Jedi. I wonder what the Jedi did to make him so angry, Lita wondered.

Vader smiled under his mask. Soon Lita, you will understand everything. Very soon.

"Everything will be explained in time, Lita," Vader spoke. Lita frowned, wondering what her father meant, as he asked her, "What do you know about lightsabers?"

"I never used a lightsaber before," Lita responded.

Vader then handed her a lightsaber and said to the girl, "You will use this for your training."

"Will I ever get my own?" Lita asked, turning on the weapon, which activated a red blade.

"Perhaps, when the right time comes," Vader responded, then he activated one of the droids, that also had a blaster, he then put his arm out and said to Lita, "Now, close your eyes."

Lita did what she was told as she had the lightsaber out. Then Vader instructed her, "Block the blaster bolts."

Lita paused, "With my eyes closed?"

"Yes," Vader responded.

"But how will I know where they are coming at?" Lita asked, feeling unsure.

"Focus. Use the Force," Vader instructed.

So Lita has started her training with her father. How will she do? Find out in the next chapter. Lita will also start warming up to her father, especially when she finds out what happened to him. And who was the strange man speaking to Lita?