A Father's Sentiment

Hopefully 2017 will be a better year, because 2016 has been a terrible year, not only it's been the death of four of my favorite actors and actresses, but also the deaths of two Star Wars actors. :( Rest in Peace Kenny Baker and Carrie Fisher and May The Force Always Be With You!

Darth Vader was strutting towards his daughter's chamber with a set of dark fabric and a pair of black boots, her Sith uniform. When Vader entered he saw Lita was asleep with her pet. After setting the uniform on her dresser, Vader walked over to his daughter's side, but not before pushing the cub, who lying on her bed, into a deep sleep with the Force, and sat slowly down beside Lita.

Lita started thrashing her head violently in her sleep. Vader had no doubt his daughter was having a nightmare.

"Lita, it is all right, my daughter," Vader said soothingly, as he put a gloved hand on her forehead. Lita's body then relaxed and she leaned towards the comforting hand, sighing happily in her sleep.

The Dark Lord couldn't help but smile fondly at the girl, as he ran his fingers through her blonde hair. Not only did she have her father's force sensitivity, but also his engineering and tinkering skills as well. For fifteen years, Vader thought his child had died along with his wife, but with now his daughter at his side, Vader felt complete. Obi-Wan nor the Emperor will ever take his child away from him.

"I was right to tell her of her parentage," Vader thought to himself, "She will be easier to manipulate and if not, if she disobeys me, her companions will pay the price."

Vader then glanced over at the white protocol droid, that was still shut off. Originally Darth Vader was only planning on using the nexu cub, as a way to bribe Lita into obeying him, but when the droid was discovered on the ship, he decided that having another one of the girl's companions would give her more reason to listen to him.Vader then realized the Emperor would soon be contacting him, with one last look at his daughter, he exited the chamber.

Vader had no doubt that his "master" would find out about Lita. As much as he would rather keep his daughter a secret, he knew that if the Emperor did find out about the girl, it would put them both in danger; he knew he couldn't put his daughter at risk.

Darth Vader entered his quarters and kneeled down on a pad, then the Emperor's face appeared.

"What is thy bidding, my master," Vader asked, bowing his head.

"I sense a great disturbance in the Force," the Emperor replied, "I sense you have someone on your ship."

Vader was keeping calm, the whole time, not allowing himself to show any emotion. "I have, Master. I located a young girl, who is the child of Anakin Skywalker."

"But you haven't killed her. Why is that?" the Emperor questioned, "She could be a great threat to us."

"If she could be trained in the Dark Side, she could become a powerful ally," Vader stated.

Darth Sidious thought about this. Another apprentice? Perhaps stronger than Darth Vader? This was too good to be true, the Emperor smiles about this.

"Yes, a good plan, yes," Darth Sidious agreed, "Can it be done?"

"I told her the truth of her parentage, Master," Vader told him, "I can use this to manipulate her."

"You wish to begin training her yourself," Sidious stated.

"Yes, my master," Vader replied calmly.

"I wonder if your feelings are clear on the matter, Lord Vader," Sidious questioned, as he studied his apprentice.

"They are, Master," Vader replied quickly, bowing his head.

"Be mindful of your feelings, Lord Vader," warned the Emperor, "And keep me informed on the girl's training."

"As you wish, Master," Vader declared, bowing his head. Then the image of the Emperor disappeared.

Vader rose up and strode to his meditation chamber. "I must be more careful with the Emperor, he is getting suspicious. I'm not going to let my daughter out of my grasp again."