The Birth and Separation of the Skywalker Triplets

STAR WARS BELONGS TO GEORGE LUCAS. I ONLY OWN MY OWN CHARACTERS AND THIS STORY.

Obi-Wan was able to get to Polis Massa for Padme to give birth; since she was still unconscious, Obi-Wan carried her himself, with C-3PO and R2-D2 behind them. Bail Organa, Alderaan's representive to the Republic Senate, was waiting for them, "We'll take her to the medical center, quickly," and they walked quickly to the facility.

The medical droids were working on Padme in the operating area, while Obi-Wan, Organa, and Yoda were waiting outside observing. One of the medical droids approached Obi-Wan and Organa

"Medically, she's completely healthy," the droid spoke to them. "For reasons we can't explain, we are losing her."

"She's dying?" Obi-Wan asked in surprise and disbelief.

"We don't know why, she has lost the will to live," the droid said, "We need to operate quickly, if we are to save the babies."

"Babies?" Organa asked surprised.

"She's carrying triplets," the medical droid answered.

As Obi-Wan came into the operating area, Padme was crying in pain as she was giving birth. There was a small cry and a midwife droid held up the first baby, and announced "Ee-see-tah oy-doh." (It's a boy.) The midwife droid then handed him to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan held the baby in front of Padme so she could see.

"Luke," Padme smiled weakly as she touched her son's head. "Oh Luke."

She gave another painful cry as the second baby was being delivered, "Ooh-bah, ooh-bah." the midwife droid soothed. Then there was another small cry and the midwife droid held up the second baby announcing, "Es-see-tah oy-dah," and then handed the baby to one of the medical droids, "It's a girl," Obi-Wan told Padme.

"Leia," she gasped, while breathing heavily.

Padme was crying and struggling to breathe as the droids were delivering the third baby, Padme kept breathing heavily, but they then heard a small cry and the midwife droid held up the last baby, "Es-see-tah oy-dah," the midwife droid announced. "Another girl," said Obi-Wan.

Padme looked up at her third child with tears in her eyes as she gave a weak smile, "Lita."

Padme looked at Obi-Wan while gasping for breath and said, "Obi-Wan....there's good in him....I know....I know there is still...." Her voice trailed off as her body lied on the table motionless. Obi-Wan stared in sadness and horror, and then looked at Luke, who he was still holding.

Obi-Wan, Organa, and Yoda sat in the conference room discussing what to do about the newborn triplets. If the Emperor or Vader found out about them they would be in danger.

"Hidden, safe, the children must be kept," Yoda, the little green creature, said.

Obi-Wan pondered this and agreed, "We must take them somewhere where the Sith will not sense their presence." Organa nodded in agreement.

"Split up, they should be," Yoda declared.

"My wife and I will take one of the girls," Organa said with a sad smile, "We've always talked of adopting a baby girl, she will be loved with us."

Obi-Wan nodded at this and asked "And what of the boy?"

Yoda turned to him and said, "To Tatooine, to his family, send him."

"I will take the child and watch over him," Obi-Wan decided, then asked, "What of the other girl?"

"Naboo, Padme's family, there is," Yoda said, "There send the child."

Obi-Wan agreed with his suggestion, because he knew Padme would've wanted at least one of her children to be raised on Naboo. "Leia looks too closely like her mother, so that'll be where Lita will go. I will take her there myself," Obi-Wan decided.

After it was all decided they stood up, and Yoda said, "Until the time is right, disappear, we will." Organa left, but Yoda held Obi-Wan back to talk with him. Yoda told him that while he's in exile on Tatooine, he had training for him. He told him that his old master, Qui-Gon, had learned a path to immortality and he would teach him how to commune with him.

Senator Organa went to Captain Antilles and placed C-3PO and R2-D2 in his custody and told him to have 3PO's memory wiped, much to the protocol droid's dismay. Organa and Obi-Wan then left with the children. Organa took Leia and Obi-Wan took Luke and Lita.

During that time Padme's funeral was being held in Theed, the capital of Naboo. Thousands of Naboo citizens were mourning over the loss of their beloved senator and former queen. There was a large crowd in the street, following an open casket being pulled by four gualaar. Among the mourners were Padme's family, Queen Apailana, and Jar Jar Binks. Padme's body laid in the flowered coffin, seemingly still pregnant and clutching onto the japor snippet Anakin gave her when they first met.

Elsewhere on a Star Destroyer, Anakin, now Darth Vader, walked on the bridge to join Palpatine and Tarkin to help oversee the construction of The Death Star.

On Naboo, Obi-Wan left Luke on the ship while he took Lita, who was fast asleep, to Padme's family. When Obi-Wan arrived at their home he saw the Naberries were outside still mourning over the death of their beloved family member. Obi-Wan then handed baby Lita to Sola and told the family everything. The family gladly took the baby girl in and promised they would protect Padme's child and she would be loved and cared for. As Obi-Wan was leaving, he saw the family smiling at the baby girl as Sola stroked her cheek.

Bail Organa arrived at his home planet, Alderran, and went to the balcony where his wife was sitting. He walked over to her with baby Leia in his arms and handed her over to his wife then sat down next to her. The couple gazed happily at their newly adopted daughter.

Obi-Wan then arrived on Tatooine riding an eopie to the Lars moisture farm, carrying a sleeping Luke in his arms. When he arrived Beru came out to greet them and Obi-Wan handed Luke over to her. She smiled at the little baby in her arms and walked over to her husband, Owen. Obi-Wan looked at the new family one last time, before going off into exile. Owen looked at baby Luke and smiled, then he and Beru looked over at the horizon at the Twin Suns.