One More Kiss

Tonight was Noah's final soccer game before going into spring break and he was beyond nervous but he was glad that he had convinced Dixie to go. He understood her hesitation and resentment to going at first but she truly wanted to support him and she didn't care if others knew she was there or who she was. The University of Michigan's soccer team was always crazy. They had some die hard fans so Noah made sure that Dixie had her own area for herself whilst she watched him play.

It's been a few days since what happened and every chance Noah and Dixie got, they spent the time together. Dixie had even extended her stay here so that she could be here during the time Noah was on break. Things seemed almost perfect except for the unknown of what the two were to one another. Neither of them spoke about their relationship status as neither of them knew. They've known each other for a few months now and they're closer than ever but Dixie was still nervous about getting into a relationship with him. She knew she liked him—really liked him. Liked him to the point where it pained her when she was away from him. He clouded her mind aimlessly. He was stuck in her heart and something about it was calming but another part of it was scary and made her wonder the endless outcomes that could go wrong if they dated.

As Dixie stood in her sectioned off area in the bleachers, she watched as Noah warmed up with his team. He looked beautiful. She liked seeing him in uniform and she was happy that she was finally going to be able to watch him in action doing the thing he was passionate about. He let her take his extra jersey with his last name on it and she enjoyed the way it gave everyone a clarification that he was hers even if it wasn't official. She liked knowing that he'd given this to her out of want and not because she asked or because he felt obligated to do so.

He ran over to her, leaning up on the railing of the bleachers, leaning into Dixie slightly with a grin. "You're going to be great." She mumbled as she held his face in her hands. She honestly couldn't care who was recording behind her. She knew people were watching them. People knew Noah's name now and they already had known Dixie's so seeing the two together was bound to make headlines if people filmed the two. Thousands of people were rooting for them to get together but there were still the trolls who thought otherwise and Dixie tried to shake them off but it was difficult for her to just simply not care about what others had to say. "Thank you. You look beautiful as always." He said, kissing her cheek softly. She blushed and buried her head into his chest before pulling away to look up at him. "I'm proud of you." Dixie said sincerely, her hands still on his face—forgetting that everyone was watching. "I haven't even done anything yet." She nodded, knowingly, "I know. But I'm just proud of you." She shrugged. "I'm proud of you too." His grin widened as he leaned in to kiss her which she reciprocated. They didn't even notice the screaming behind them as the world melted when their eyes locked and lips attached. They moved in perfect sync before Noah was called back to play. They pulled away but not before Noah ran back over to Dixie asking, "one more kiss?" He pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. She giggled and rolled her eyes, pecking his lips once more before wishing him luck.

Throughout the game, Dixie spent her time eyeing Noah play. She picked up on the sport quickly and cheered him on as loud as she could, never once taking her eyes off him. Unless it was to take a picture with a fan. During halftime, Noah had ran back over to Dixie. He wasn't only happy that he scored but he was happy that she was here to witness it happen. He loved having her near him and everything was falling into place. Dixie had gotten out of her seat so she could properly hug him as she snaked her arms around his waist as his hands held her face. He was sweating and to others it would seem unpleasant but she thought he looked incredible with his hair wet and his uniform clinging close to his body. "You're playing so well." She complimented, hugging him tighter. He thanked her, kissing her head tenderly. "Listen, you don't have to say yes if you're not ready but..." his voice faltered. "Spit it out!" She joked, "you don't have much time. You need to get back on that field soon." She reminded him.

"I want to take you out on a date tonight." He said quickly but she heard every word and her heart dropped but not in the way where she would be rejecting him again. In the way that she felt like her world was upside down in the greatest way. She felt as if she was floating because of how perfect everything seemed. She knew it wasn't always going to be perfect but until it wasn't, she wanted to cherish the perfectness. "Y-we don't have to-"

She cut him off by kissing him slowly and giggling against his lips. He pulled away from her with furrowed brows, "so... is that a yes?"

She nodded, pulling him in for another kiss. "I'd love to go on a date with you." She whispered, hugging him and fitting her neck in the crook of his neck. The whistle blew and it was time for Noah to get back on the field but not before one more "good luck kiss".

She was scared about going on a date with him because she wanted to be perfect but her heart was telling her that she couldn't think that way. Noah reminded her after the game that she was perfect in his eyes no matter what. He also reminded her that he was proud of her for talking to him—for communicating with him about her worries and doubts. She had egged him on to tell her what they'd be doing and where they'd be going later that evening but he kept his mouth shut and instead asked her if she wanted to meet his friends first which she said yes to without hesitation.

She met Blake and Chase, his two best friends and they got along with her well. At first, Noah's other friend Larry was fangirling over Dixie but soon enough, that died down and they talked as if they were just two normal people in a room.

noahbeck

liked by addisonrae and thousands of others

you're everything 🤍 @dixiedamelio

View all 23,092 comments

addisonrae AWW y'all are the cutest 🥺🥺

dixiedamelio so sweet 🖤🥺

doahforever WTF AW BYE ❤️

blakegray simp...

Authors note:

Decided to throw in some cute moments for you guys 🖤

Happy New Years!! The photos Dixie posted UGH ADORABLE.

Anyways, their date is coming next chapter. Any ideas for what's to come?