Shame

A week later

Dixie sighed as she walked into the gym and was pleasantly surprised to see that not too many people were here with her. It was usually nearly impossible to get a good workout in whilst people are staring and asking for photos.
Her break so far has been somewhat enjoyable. However, she couldn't spend much time with any of her friends because as she was, they were also models who still had jobs to do. With the help of Noah, she was able to keep busy. She kept him company as he complained about a school paper, congratulated him after a game, texted often, and just listened to one another. She was grateful to have him in her life, even if it was just virtual.

She began with the treadmill and she had her music all the way up, not worrying about the outside world as of right now. She was finally back to her normal weight and diet which didn't take long at all but considering how she's been feeling the last week, it didn't come as easily as she'd hope so. She thought that getting back into her regular shape and eating the way she had used to would help her get back to her normal self but instead, she didn't feel any different besides some minor positive changes which she was certain she only had Noah to thank for that. After two miles, she stopped as she didn't know how much more running she could take and moved to the weights where she began squats and she could feel a presence near her, an unwanted presence but in case this person was a fan, she didn't want to be rude despite the fact that she thought that someone coming up to her whilst she's working out was inconsiderate.

She yanked out an AirPod and plastered on a cheap smile, "can I help you?" She asked as kindly as possible but the annoyance was evident in her voice. She had barely noticed that it was only her and some other guy in the gym. The man was tall and looked much older than her. He had a growing beard, dark curls, and was muscular—well built. He held a smirk on his face and darkened eyes, she wasn't frightened, just a bit alarmed but nothing she couldn't handle. "Your form... it's all wrong, here, let me help-" he moved to touch her waist but she was fast and shoved his hand away from her. "I'm okay... thank you, though." His eyes darkened even more, almost darker than when she'd first noticed them and if she wasn't frightened before, she was now. The way his muscles tensed and his frown grew. She thought she had made it clear that she wanted to be left alone as she continued on with what she was doing, assuming he had left her alone because as any human would, she thought he had some kind of human decency. Suddenly, hands were on her waist, her back pressed up against his chest and her breath caught in her throat. She made several attempts to move away from him but his grip had only tightened as he hushed her, "just let me show you," he whispered into her ear, moving his hands closer to her front, a tear falling from her eye as she was currently unsure of what to do now. "It will feel better if-"

"Gym's closin-" the worker's eyes widened, "-what are you doing?" The man had moved away from Dixie, probably praying to all the God's that he hadn't been caught being a predator but what the hell? He was certainly caught now. Dixie sputtered and quickly gathered her things, "I-I... sorry, I have to go." She walked fast, away from the man that had just completely violated her. She saw the worker's sorry eyes and apologetic smile and she could only grimace, she walked towards him—she knew that he knew who she was and she made him promise not to say anything. However, she felt so dirty walking back to her car. She was violated and the only reason she didn't want to tell anyone or have anyone find out was because she was embarrassed and who know's who would even believe her. And if the internet found out? She'd die. She shouldn't be able to say it but she could, it's happened multiple times before which would explain why she didn't get around much. She was sure beyond a doubt that every guy she's ever been with used her for her body and didn't truly care for who she really was. The whole car ride home, she sobbed, and she took a hot shower in hopes to wash off any of the foulness that rested on wherever he had touched her. She thanked all the God's out there for having a worker practically stop the man from going any further. God knows what he would've done to her if no one was there.

She turned everything off, feeling shameful and scared. Nothing ever went her way and she couldn't understand why everything that happened to her, broke her heart and scared her to death.

Noah
I hope you had a
good day today :)

A faint smile found itself on her lips but as quick as it was there, it was gone as vague reminisces of what had happened to her made its way back into her mind, haunting every aspect of it.

Dixie
It was good. Just tired.

Noah
Oh okay. Goodnight then:)

She felt terrible for lying but she couldn't bring herself to demystify what had happened a few hours ago. However, what scared her the most was the diminutive chance that the man that had witnessed what happened, would unmask what he saw to the public and he'd be known as a reliable source and Dixie would be put on the spot.

And when she had awoken the next morning with tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes, that's exactly what had happened. Her name was everywhere in news headlines, sneaky publicists posting "quotes" from the worker, her whole team, friends, and family were all checking up on her, worried and scared to death in hopes that what they read were just delusory. However, it wasn't. This was all real and now she had to deal with the constant questionings and even more rumours than what she started with.

Noah
Please tell me
it's not true.

Authors note:
This is not okay. I just wanted to bring this up in my story because this is a real life thing that people are going through and I vouched to myself that whenever I wrote a book, real life situations and things going on in the world would be mentioned to stand up for things I believe in. No means no.

Love you guys, thank you for reading ❤️