Last Minute Flight

His head was spinning and his heart was hurting. Blake called him crazy for leaving but he wouldn't understand. He wouldn't understand that the pain Noah's feeling in his heart, is probably not twice as bad as what Dixie's feeling and that never had and never will sit right with him. As he was driven to the airport by his best friend, he started to second guess whether or not this idea was a good one. What if she didn't want to see him? What if she kicks him out? All these questions and uncertainty made his head hurt. He tried not to look at what people were saying but he just couldn't not do so. Not when the girl he was so terribly worried about wasn't answering anyone and the only answers her friends had were that she was in her bedroom. God, the things she must be feeling. Everyone had something to say about it. Some said that this was just a publicity stunt, others were angry and upset that someone would do that to her, and there were terrible people saying when a girl looks as good as her, they'd do it too. It disgusted Noah to no end and with that, he shut his phone off and watched out of his window to see the dark night sky but he couldn't take his mind off of what had happened to her.

Dixie on the other hand, she wasn't handling it well. How could she? People were already hating on her about her body and now there were some internet trolls making a joke out of what happened to her. Even worse, she never wanted it getting out for this exact reason being that everyone would have an opinion. She had thrown her phone at the wall in aggravation. The sound of the phone shattering made her wince as it rang in her ear, much like the hate she was receiving rang in her ear as well. She still felt dirty no matter the numerous amounts of showers she took and she was so ashamed that she couldn't face anyone. Not even her own family. They all sat outside her door and listened to her painful sobs that she tried lowering the volume of by covering her mouth and she felt pathetic. Pathetic because this wasn't the first time someone had violated her the way that man did. Pathetic because no matter how many other things she could try thinking of to make her feel better, only made her feel worse because she knew she was trying to hide the scars. Pathetic because she felt as if no one will ever love her for her. That no man wants her, all of her. They don't want the messy parts. They want everything in between which is her body. She was certain that no one will ever love her.

Noah's leg bounced up and down on the plane in anticipation of seeing her. Finally meeting her. This wasn't how he imagined meeting her for the first time but he didn't care about how he met her or what she looked like when he got there, he cared that she was okay and if that meant getting on a last minute fight after only a month of talking, then he'd do that. He'll do it over and over again if he has to.

"Long distance?" Noah was dragged out of his thoughts as he looked to his side to see he was sharing seats with an older women who had a comforting smile on her face.

Noah smiled to himself for a second as he looked down in embarrassment and then back up to meet eyes with the lady, "um... yeah, kind of." He muttered. She nodded, "long distance relationships are hard-"

"What? No-"

"Just remember that you wouldn't be on this flight if you didn't feel something for her. People these days always have the need to cheat and get in someone else's pants... completely forgetting the treasure they've found." She explained, disgust on her face. Noah chuckled, "I couldn't agree more." He found no point in correcting her, it's not like he'd see this women again anyway. However, he couldn't deny that it felt good to talk about Dixie in a way that she was his. She wasn't. But was it so bad to wish she was? Even after just a month?

"What's her name?" She asked suddenly. "Dixie."

"Oh, beautiful name... I'm sure she's just gorgeous!" She clapped her hands excitingly. Noah shook his head, agreeing with her once again. "Yeah," Noah had looked down as he spoke, admiring the photo she recently sent him, "she's breathtaking."

"Is that her?" The lady asked again, referring to the photo Noah had on display. "Y-yeah, that's her."

"My, my, Mr-" her face scrunched up, completely forgetting that she never got his name

"My, my, Mr-" her face scrunched up, completely forgetting that she never got his name. "I'm sorry, dear, what's your name?" Noah grinned, "I'm Noah Beck." He shook her hand politely and she nodded, "well then, my, my, Mr. Beck... you're one lucky guy." She joked with him, "thank you." He mumbled, "what's your name?"

"Lestra White-"

The pilot had interrupted with the usual speech about how they were about to land and thanking everyone for a smooth flight and all the moms clapping as the dads cheered. As they stood to get up, Lestra turned to him, "tell Dixie I say hi." And to that, Noah smiled and barked out a laugh, "I will."

Noah
I'm here.

Addison
Outside your gate.

Authors note:
When I said slow burn... I meant it ;)