Refreshing

Dixiedamelio
Hey!

Noah froze completely, dropping his phone in the process. An Instagram model with over a hundred million followers was texting him—sparking up a conversation, something he'd never have the guts to do. He knew he had to think straight but his mind was all over the place as he was still in shock that in just a matter of minutes, things have changed.

Noahbeck
Hey, what's up :)

He didn't want to sound pathetic. However, he knew that he was. He's been practically drooling over this celebrity for a few weeks now and he had to be realistic—nothing would ever come out of this. She lived in L.A while he was in his dorm room in Michigan. Not to mention the fact that she was probably just doing this because she figured he was a fan of her and he wasn't naive to the fact that she responded to her fans as often as she could. Nevertheless, he couldn't get his hopes up that anything would even happen out of this conversation that's probably going to end fairly quickly as she'll have something to do or someplace to be and she'll just forget about him as he'd be nothing to her but a fan.

Dixiedamelio
Nothing much. Thank you for
the compliment by the way,
means a lot :)

Noahbeck
You're welcome but I'm
sure you get compliments
on the daily, look at you ;)

Dixiedamelio
Yeah but I never really
respond to my comments but
I'm not too sure why I responded

Noahbeck
Glad you did

Dixiedamelio
Me too, trust me. Where are
you from?

Noahbeck
Arizona but I'm currently
in Michigan attending uni

Dixiedamelio
That's actually really cool

Noahbeck
It's not. Don't lie lmao

Dixiedamelio
IT IS. If it makes you feel
better, I'd love to go to uni. Too
busy tho :(

Noahbeck
You're 23 right?

Dixiedamelio
Yeah, you?

Noahbeck
23 :)

He didn't know that he could talk to someone for so long and not have one dull moment. Noah had completely forgotten that she was a famous model that was known everywhere. She was just a normal girl to him and he couldn't lie, he felt incredibly happy to be speaking to her. She was just as amazing as he'd imagined. They talked for hours. They talked about Dixie's family and her life. He made sure to be just as enthusiastic on text as she was. He loved that he was getting to know her. She enjoyed singing but never really cared to do anything about it besides singing behind closed doors in an empty condo. She loved waffles and the colours red, blue, and black. Her last boyfriend who was also a model; Griffin Johnson (whom Noah's seen pop up on his Instagram feed quite a few times) cheated on her a few months ago which led to her breaking up with him.

Dixie sat in her condo that had the perfect view of the Hollywood sign and smiled brightly as she spoke to the average guy on Instagram. She didn't know that she could feel so free and normal in the middle of being an overworked celebrity that had so much pressure put on her shoulders. She never planned for something like this to happen. She never planned that she'd be responding to some comment that for some reason made her blush, she never planned to be stalking his Instagram page, she never planned to dm him. It all just happened so fast and before she could even think straight, she hit send and waited impatiently for a reply or a rejection from him. People would say she's crazy, especially people in the industry. They'd say she was crazy for thinking that she wouldn't have a shot whenever she found someone she liked. They'd tell her that she was gorgeous and she was a famous model so who wouldn't want to date her? But that was exactly the point. That was the only reason people ever wanted her. They didn't care to learn about who she really was—her likes and her dislikes, they only cared about her body and her looks and how good she was in bed. Despite the treatment she got from men that was incredibly uncalled for, she felt okay to be talking to Noah. Something about his calming nature and the questions he asked about her made her smile brightly at her phone. She probably looked like an idiot but she didn't care. She couldn't help herself. Dixie learned things about Noah that night too. How he played soccer but wasn't planning on taking it further. His family and how he was from Arizona but then was given a scholarship to play in Michigan. It felt refreshing to speak to him, even if it was through the phone and things were strictly platonic. Dixie had warned him that there would probably be some speculation about her dating him due to the comments on Instagram and the constant shipping that was being given to them by Dixie's fans as they were quick to find out who this mystery boy was.

Their talk had ended with them exchanging numbers and bidding a goodbye before Noah went off to bed as Dixie was just ordering dinner. (Courtesy to the time difference and him being three hours ahead.)

Dixiedamelio is now following Noahbeck

Authors note:
Get ready for a slow burn (kind of, it really depends). For those who aren't too sure what a slow burn is, let me break it down for you guys. It is basically meaning that the book is focused on the character romance (Noah and Dixie) however it takes awhile for them to actually get together in the end. Does that make any sense?
It's basically just meaning that they won't be getting together right away as I want this to seem as real as possible. I don't know how long it'll take but just hold on and this doesn't mean we won't get some doah fluff. Also, still not too sure what the official ship name is lmao, let me know :)