Innocent Kiss

Dixie was awoken to Addison on top of her, shaking her awake. She groaned, it seemed too early. Fragments of what happened last night clouded her mind and immediately did she feel dirty again after the countless showers she took the night before. She remembers showering many times before officially crashing once she hit her bed. She wanted to sleep forever at this point.

"Dixie! Wake up! Where the fuck were you and why were you kissing that dude?" Addison frantically asked, pushing herself off of Dixie. Dixie sat up, alarmed by everything that had just come out of Addison's mouth. She checked her phone, realizing that she had missed calls and texts from everyone. It was noon and she had a fitting at ten in the morning that day but she never went due to the exhaustion and awfulness she felt. "Shit." Dixie mumbled to herself, replying to the missed texts, apologizing for oversleeping. Then, she turned to Addison, "who were you with last night?" She asked her again.

Dixie furrowed her eyebrows confused, "what? No one." She lied.

"Cut the bullshit, Dix." Addison laughed, "tell me who this guy is and why you were kissing him!"

Her eyes widened in fear as she couldn't piece together what Addison was talking about. She could only hope and pray that she wasn't talking about Liam. Except, the would be the only thing that makes sense at this point.

"Here," Addison said, pulling out her phone, "paparazzi photos came out and it's you and some random guy outside the gym."

Dixie felt like throwing up. Photos of these were everywhere and as much as it looked like an innocent kiss, it was far from that. She didn't want this. It was bad enough that she had to experience the pain—physically and emotionally from this man but the fact that people caught it on camera and are plastering it as if it was something innocent and romantic made her want to curl up into a ball and be seen by no one ever again. "I-I... I need to go to the bathroom." Dixie said quickly, running to the bathroom and throwing up into the toilet. Addison ran after her, holding back her hair. "What's wrong?" Addison asked softly as she sat against the tub beside Dixie who looked like she had been crying because truthfully, she has.

"I seriously don't want to talk about it." Dixie mumbled. "Who was the guy, Dixie?"

"I don't know and I don't care. That's never happening again."

"What about Noah?" Addison asked unsurely.

"What about him?"

"Well, what if he sees this article? You know, the one of the many that are saying that you have moved on from Noah... possibly cheating-"

Dixie shook her head, "I don't know... it doesn't matter, does it? It's not like we even talk."

Addison sighed, "I guess." She hated seeing her best friend so hurt and broken. She knew not to push her about telling her anything. "I know you don't want to talk about it but I'm here if you need me... always. I got your back." Addison reassured her with a sad smile before engulfing her in a comforting hug that was much needed. "I know. I love you. Thank you." Dixie said before asking if she could be left alone.

Once Addison had left, Dixie let it all out. Matters have become even worse and Dixie didn't even know that it was possible. She didn't know what to do anymore. Come out with a statement? Tell everyone that it's just a mistake? She couldn't. It wouldn't make sense to anybody—not even to herself. She read through some articles, some implied she was a slut and others were happy for her "relationship" which made her gag as she threw up again. Her mind kept wandering back to Noah. She wonders if he's seen any of this. If he did, it would be devastating. It looks terrible that she rejected him and only a few weeks later was she seen "making out" with some other guy. Dixie still felt so dirty and ashamed. She hated that other men thought they could do whatever they wanted with her and other women. It was disgusting. Then, she thought of Noah. She thought of how gentle and caring he was for her and for others. There was no one like him that she's ever met.