Chapter 16 Riding a Broom

Albus and Sierra had a long night. No one could really sleep well. Especially Albus, it took a lot in him to accept the fact that he is a Slytherin and now no matter what he always will be a Slytherin, a Potter in Slytherin.

Sierra couldn't sleep because of the sudden change of surrounding and everyone around her. When she first came on terms with the reality of her life it didn't really hit that deep as she was asked to make changes and take a decision but now everything was done and now the feeling was sinking in. She is no more Sierra Scott or a 5 times Kid's Sensation winner or the golden girl of Shiny star record label but she was still happy to be with the people who really loved her, her Godfather and godmother and their friends, James who is like her big brother, Rose and maybe Albus and Scorpius too.
She has no idea about what's going to happen on her first day but however she hopes for the best.

__________

In the morning she woke up early because of the same dream she had that day with a little stinging pain near her collarbone but when she looked in the mirror there was nothing. She then went downstairs where she found James cleaning his broomstick.

"Good morning James" she said happily and went to sit next to him on the floor.

"Good morning Sierra! Slept well?" he asked keeping his broom aside.

"Ah yes, you?" she asked.

"I slept well too" he replied "I woke up early so thought of going for a ride on my broom, now that I'm in my 3rd year I can do that" he added.

"Woah that's great" she said "Who's the quidditch captain for Gryffindor?" she asked.

"Adonis Hart (does anyone know who really was the captain in 2017? If you do then do tell me) he is really kind actually" said James "Are you looking forward for tryouts?" he asked excitedly and expected to hear only yes as an answer.

"Yeah for sure" said Sierra cheerfully.

"Brilliant...what position would you like to play?" he asked in a more cheerful tone than Sierra.

"A seeker...¿?" she replied hesitantly.

"Oh that's perfect...cuz you know last year's seeker is not very good, he doesn't have a permanent position..thank god you will be our new seeker" said James.

"I'm not sure if I'll make the team" she said nervously.

"And why is that?" asked James.

"I never rode a broom before!" she cried out.

James chuckled hard on her reply "Sierra...it's in your blood..your mother was a beater and your dad was a fabulous seeker and also was the captain of the Hufflepuff team" he said chuckling “and bam he was a professional quidditch player”

"Well I believe that they were amazing quidditch players but that has nothing to do with me" she said in a stern tone.

"Well well then I can teach you how to fly a broom...I'll be right back" he said and jumped on his feet and ran to his dorm and came back with another broom stick in his that was similar to his.

"Come on let's go for a short ride" said James picking up his own broom. Sierra looked startled at first, then stood up.

"WhaT!!?" she said "I can't I'm a first year and it's my first day-" she tried but was calmly cut off by James.

"I have a solution for that too" he said and picked up the invisibility cloak from the couch "here, you know what this is, right?" he asked.

"Uncle Harry's invisibility cloak?" she asked using her brain. James nodded.

"He gave it to me this year" he told her.

"But I can't....it's against the rule, isn't it? I didn't even had my first flying lesson yet" she said. Deep down she wanted to ride the broom.

"Well madam Hooch is not lucky enough to give you your first flying lesson because I've got the honour to teach you" he said sarcastically "Are you like your father? Always following rules? Or mother? Rule breaker?" he asked.

Sierra raised her eyebrows, it was quite surprising for her that he knew so much about her parents.

"Come on now" he said handing her his broom "You can take my broom I'll take my friend's. And cover yourself with this cloak and make sure your feets are visible so that I'll know where you are" he said.

Sierra took the broom hesitantly and followed James. He took her to the astronomy tower and mounted his broom.

"Like this" he said showing Sierra how to do that. She did as he said and mounted her broom. "Now kick off from the ground" he said and she looked at him blankly and then at the sky. "I'll be right behind you, don't worry" he assured her. Sierra nodded and kicked off from the ground.

Her broom lifted slowly and out of the astronomy tower. In the start it was shaking a bit but got steady soon. She looked down and her eyes widened in wow.

"See I told ya....you're good" said James as he paused beside her.

"This is amazing!" she exclaimed "Hey James, what about a race?" she asked excitedly. James raised his eyebrows in surprise.

"Race? Are you sure?" he asked in a concerned way.

"Yup...umm till there.." she said pointing towards a tower in front of them "till that tower"

"Hmm..ok be careful, alright?" he said and Sierra nodded "On the count of three....1...2..3GO" he said and both leaned forward and started the race.

Sierra was indeed very fast but James was no less. They both were on the same pace when Sierra leaned forward and increased her speed. James frowned a little and increased his speed too and catched up with her then ahead of her. Sierra squinted her eyes and leaned forward bitting her lips and rode ahead of James. This time it was hard to catch up with her, she was so fast that she won the race in no time.

James reached the tower and pause. He had shocked expression on his face. "And you say you never rode a broom before, huh? Merlin!! This was your first time and you already defeated me!" he exclaimed.

"I'm just....as surprised as you actually...you were really good" she said "And you're the one who taught me...so congratulations you successfully did it" she said happily.

James laughed "Well yeah I did...and I think you're gonna make an amezing seeker" he said "It's in your blood, I told you" he added proudly.

"No I don't believe that" she said chuckling "Thanks for teaching me James" she said.

"You're welcome Pretty Girl Diggory" he said.

"Don't call me that!" she cried out.

"Only if you catch me" he said and began flying back towards the astronomy tower.

"Hey wait!!..... I'll catch you..." she shouted and went after him both laughing.

_____________________________________________________________________

Hey lovely readers. Nothing much in this chapter. Tell me what you think about James and Sierra? Oh no I'm not planning to get them together they're like bro&sis.

Vote & Comment

Thanks for reading

DISCLAIMER.......

I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER AND ANY OF THE HARRY POTTER SERIES OR CHARACTERS. HARRY POTTER AND ITS CHARACTERS ARE OWNED BY J. K. ROWLING.

THANKYOU💙