Chapter 10 Signing Off

Sierra was drowning when she came back home. She didn't say a single word to her. She already had dinner with the team so she directly went to her room. She bumped her things and stepped inside the shower.

After taking a shower she came back and changed into some cosy night clothes and tried her best not to let that cold feeling sink in. She sat on her bed with the blanket on and turned on the television to keep herself distracted. Putting on the football match that was going on between Barcelona and Liverpool, she sat back comfortably and took out a packet of chips and began watching.

Football has always been her favourite sport since she was a little child. She also had a spot in the junior football team in school. Sierra always needed a sport or a club activity to do along with her studies, she can not just sit and be a complete nerd who just knows how to study and hence she decided to try out for the quidditch team in her first year itself as a seeker. The match kept her entertained but ended as Barcelona won that made her happy because she was supporting it.

Switching off the television she sat on her bed crossed legs staring down at the bed. Something got into her mind and she jumped out of bed and took out her diary from her bag and a pencil and began to write but this was not a song.

Dear mum and dad,

I know you both are not here with me today and will never be but I hope you're watching me from wherever you are.
Mumma, thankyou for being so strong. I'm sorry it caused you so much pain but you did it, you still brought me out in this world. Thankyou mum.
Dad, thankyou for loving me and keeping me safe till your last breath. You raised me, despite the fact that you lost mum you still loved me. Thankyou dad.
Sometimes I just wonder if you both were here how different the things would be. I would have a loving family and a place I can call home. But don't you worry. I have uncle Harry now and that is also because of you. So thankyou soooooo much for making him my godfather. He is the best person I ever met. He cares for me, for everyone and now I feel like I have a family and he gave it to me. He'll always be the best for me.

Till here she wrote with a little sweet smile but as she finished this she had tears pouring down her cheek and onto her diary but she continued writing.

You both gave your life for me and I didn't even know that you both are my parents but now I know and I'm missing you. I'm so sorry you had to die. I promise you I'll be brave. I won't let your efforts to into vain. I just want to say that I'm glad you are my parents and I'm proud of it. I hope that I'll make you proud one day.

She wiped away her tears with this and began to write again.

Mum, dad...Uncle Harry and everyone is so good I'm so happy with them. I hope they always stay happy and safe. They all have been through a lot and now I don't want any pain or danger to even touch my family or my godfather. This is my only family and I love it. Thanks for giving me in the hands of these beautiful people. I love you both.

Love,
Your daughter.

She looked at the letter for a minute. Wouldn't it be nice if I could send it? She thought to herself. Getting up from her chair she walked to the window and looked outside. She smiled at the page of her diary and closed it finally.

She turned off the lights, turned on her favourite night light on and hopped into the bed. After an hour or maybe two of struggling she finally fell asleep.

____(next morning)____

It was 7 in the morning when she heard noise from downstairs she woke up and Hedwig came and sat on her shoulder. She smiled at her and patted her head. She went outside the room and looked down from the corridor and there we go, Olivia Brown and Robert Scott under one roof, arguing and taunting each other like little kids, of course in a funny way right now.