Chapter 31: Prison Break

"I'm not here on vacation, trust me."

- Michael Scofield, Prison Break

🖤 ┈┈┈┈° 🥀 °┈┈┈┈ 🖤

🖤 ┈┈┈┈․° 🥀 °․┈┈┈┈ 🖤

Peter's POV

The pretty girl, whose name I still don't know, is somehow able to get us past security. I still don't have a clue what her powers are. All I know is her eyes are white... which is awesome! I guess it's kinda like my silver hair.

Dang, if we had kids or something, they'd look super cool.

"Peter," she says, drawing my attention back to reality. "Peter. You with me?"

"Yeah," I reply, caught completely off guard. "I... I was just..."

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah. Um, what's your name? I never asked in the car. Well, no one really said anything in the car. It was really-"

"You talk a lot." She's laughing a bit at this point. "My name is Elizabeth Grace Xavier."

"Cool. Peter Maximoff."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Maximoff. Now, the task at hand..."

"Oh yeah. Um. Yeah."

I pick her up and speed us toward the kitchen. I'm supposed to get whoever this dude is out of the cell. Elizabeth will be just outside the elevator, appearing invisible, in case anything goes sideways.

Is her power invisibility? Nah. Her eyes. They looked blue and then they were white.

She says that doing all of this will likely drain her due to... well, I don't remember... Apparently, this guy we're going to break out is able to work with her powers or something. I'm not sure. I only caught a small part of the conversation when we entered the Pentagon.

When we stop, Elizabeth looks queasy. I see her take a deep breath to steady herself. This happens to everybody. The speed tends to cause people to feel nauseous since they aren't used to it.

"It'll pass," I tell her softly.

"Fascinating. I guess it throws off your equilibrium so much due to the body not adjusting to the speed. It's obviously not used to traveling at that rate anyway, but it's not the same as when moving in something such as an airplane, especially considering the time constraints when taking off- See, now you have me talking nonstop. Why did it only take you an hour to influence me?"

I can't help but laugh as she shakes her head.

"Alright. Wish me luck."

I dash through the closing doors into the elevator that is descending towards our guy's cell. The guard's hat tips off of his head. He reaches down to grab it. When his head lifts again, he sees my reflection. Clearly, he wasn't expecting anyone else to be in here with him. I quickly take out the duct tape that is attached to my waist.