Chapter 45: I Haven't Seen Him in Six Years

"Dr. Song, you've got that face on again."

"What face?"

"The 'he's hot when he's clever' face."

"This is my normal face."

"Yes, it is."

- Steven Moffat, Doctor Who, a conversation between The Doctor and Professor River Song

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ⚡️ ❫ ・━━━━━━ ❜

Elizabeth Grace's POV

I love Moira, but that was a large waste of my time. She was worried about rumors of an attack by Magneto. She believed he might be planning another attack on D.C. Of course, from her position, this could be considered understandable. Clearly, based on my recent visit to him—not that she is aware of this—her information is faulty.

Admittedly, the meeting with Moira was both very nice and quite saddening at the same time. She has no memory of me. Dad's memory wipe was effective. I recalled every sorrow I felt from him after he sent her away. However, even though this stands true, I was glad to see her again.

The meeting with Moira was much shorter than I anticipated. I was there only approximately three hours, it's only 3:00 now. Typically, for a first meeting involving a suspected attack by someone labeled a terrorist by what seems to be every civilized nation, the time spent in discussion is a bit longer. I now have the rest of my day essentially free.

I'm only about 20 minutes from D.C...

I now remember Magda suggesting I should contact Peter. Maybe... maybe I can now. The thought rolls back and forth inside my head for several minutes, ranging between excited anticipation and complete denial. Finally, the jury concludes to accept this idea. It only takes a short time to find the phone number for his house. I dial the number on a payphone and listen to it ring until someone picks up on the other side.

"Hello?" a familiar male voice answers.

Oh... what do I do now? Words, Elizabeth... Say words? I'm pretty sure a normal conversation starts with "Hi."

"Peter," I reply.

Or that works too, I suppose...

"Elizabeth?"

"Hi."

There's that ever-elusive word.

"Hey. What- what's up?"