The Library

"You guys have all these books?" Evelyn asked, astounded, as she looked around in awe at the seemingly endless line of books.

"There are some more books downstairs, but those are a little bit harder to access." Asmodeus said.

"Why?" Evelyn asked, looking confused.

He shrugged. "Some things are best if left hidden and as little people know of it as possible. Only the seven rulers have access to those books."

"I'm guessing you've read those books."

"Of course."

"Well, what's in those books that's so bad."

Asmodeus leaned close. "If I told you it wouldn't be a secret anymore, and that would be very dangerous." He said grabbing her hand and removing her from the library. "Now we should leave before you suddenly get curious enough to try and sneak downstairs."

"Hey wait, I wanted to get a book to read."She said struggling to get free.

Asmodeus slackened his grip but continued to holding her hand and escorting her out of the library. "You can come back here later and get a book if you remember the way."

"You mean I can actually walk around by myself." Evelyn said in mock amazement.

"Well, actually..." Asmodeus began, but unable to contain his laughter at the glare Evelyn threw his way, dissolved into laughter. "Yes, you can walk around by yourself, I now will know where so I won't have to worry."

"How will you know where I am?" Evelyn asked, suspicious that he might have put a tracking device on her.

Asmodeus grinned. "I have my ways." He replied mysteriously, leaning down towards her. "And don't worry, I didn't put a tracking device on you." He added in a whisper.

Startled, Evelyn looked up at him. "How did you know that's what I was thinking." She narrowed her eyes. "Can you read my mind?" She asked, suddenly apprenshive.

Asmodeus guffawed. "Unfortunately that is not a power I possess." He managed to get out between bursts of laughter.

Evelyn felt blood rush to her face in anger; she tried to get away from Asmodeus but she couldn't escape.

"The fact that you keep looking down at yourself in hopes of being able to spot the device gave away your thoughts." He added in an attempt to placate her once he had his laughter under control.

"Boo!" Screamed Mammon as he suddenly appeared before the couple, scaring Evelyn, causing her to emit a little shriek and jump backwards.

This amused both men to no end and caused them to immediately start laughing, even though Asmodeus tried his best to contain his, not wanting to upset Evelyn even further.

Evelyn flushed in embarrassment and tried to snatch her hand back, this time successful in extracting her hand from Amodeus's grip. She quickly turned and fled down the hall.

She didn't make it very far before a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her off her feet and onto a man's chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" Asmodeus asked, resting his head upon her shoulder.

"I was going back to your room." Evelyn calmly said, despite her racing heart.

"Do you even know where my room is?" He asked, sounding amused

"Ye...No." Evelyn recluntantly admitted.

"I thought so." Asmodeus said, setting her back on her feet. 

"I'm very sorry for scaring you Evelyn." Mammon said, suddenly appearing beside Asmodeus, not looking a bit contrite.

Mammon got down on his knees and put on a pitiful face. "I'm really, really sorry. Please forgive." He begged, looking at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine, fine. I forgive you." Evelyn said, sighing. "Why are you here anyway?"

"I was going to show you around, seeing as he hadn't done so already." Mammon replied, shooting a glance at Asmodeus.

"I was doing exactly that before you appeared." Asmodeus said, annoyed.

"Then I'll join you."

"Joy." Asmodeus muttered under his breath as he propelled Evelyn down the hallway and away from Mammon, who was still on his knees.

"Hey, guys, wait for me." Cried Mammon as he got to his feet.

This statement only caused Asmodeus to walk faster.

______________________

Comment and Vote

Please!