Hunt For The Spy

Being carried through the ballroom carried by Asmodeus, blind, would be an experience Evelyn would never forget. The screams of terror and pain were s much louder than when she was hidden in the alcove, so were the clash of swords. She often felt the breeze caused by swords passing inches in front of her hands that were pressed in front of her eyes.

Suddenly the sounds of fighting lessened as if they no longer were within the area of conflict. “You can open your eyes now.” Evelyn heard Asmodeus tell her and she did as he bid her.

When she opened her eyes she was greeted by the sight of an empty hallway. “Where are we?” She asked looking around the hallway.

“Down the hall from the ballroom.” Asmodeus told her, just as the sound of footsteps were heard heading towards them.

Asmodeus put Evelyn down and turned to face the oncoming threat, placing Evelyn shielded behind his back. Giving her the first opportunity to see the giant sword wound running diagonal along the width of his back. It sliced clean through his suit, into his skin and was bleeding heavily.

“What happened to you back?” Evelyn asked, lightly tracing the outline of the cut in his suit jacket.

“It’s not important.” Asmodeus said, rolling his shoulders and getting into a fighting stance just as the footsteps came to a stop in front of them.

Evelyn stuck her head out to the side of Asmodeus’s body to see three men standing by the ballroom doors with swords gripped tightly in their hands. The tallest of the three and the slightest, he had a long slender sword gripped in his right hand. The man to his right was shorter and bulker holding a much broader sword than his counterpart.

“Who are you?” The last man asked, he had a similar built like the previous man, short bulky except his was wider, with a sword in each hand.

“The last thing you will ever see.” Asmodeus told him, and then he beheaded him. Evelyn stared in horror as Asmodeus’s sword sliced through his neck, spraying the white walls with blood. When his head hit the floor Asmodeus turned and ran his sword through the tall man that was standing next to him. He was dead before his partner’s headless body had fallen to its knees.

The last remaining man, who was quick on the uptake, ran straight towards Evelyn as Asmodeus was killing his tall friend. Evelyn, managing to see him move, dropped to the floor and the man’s weapon drove through the space where a moment ago her chest had been.

Evelyn started to crawl away as the man raised the sword over his head to have more power when he brought it down to plunge it through her body when a sword drove a hole in his back and appeared on the other side, splattering blood on Evelyn’s dress. The man dropped his sword and slowly lowered his arms as he stared at the sword sticking out of his chest.

When his sword had finished ringing and lay silent on the floor the man went flying and hit the wall with a sickening crunch, revealing Leviathan holding the sword the killed and lowering her leg after removing the body from her weapon.

“I still know how to make an entrance.” Leviathan said, examining the blood glistening on her sword.

“That you do.” Evelyn said, still lying down on the floor.

Leviathan smiled and extended a hand to Evelyn, which she grabbed and Leviathan hauled her up while lowering her sword. As she got to her feet Asmodeus appeared before her.

“Are you okay?” He asked her.

Evelyn nodded her head.

“Good.” He said, running a hand along her cheek. “Thank you.”  He told Leviathan, turning to face her. “But what happened to you?” He asked her, gesturing with the hand that didn’t hold the sword to encompass her state of being.