Getting Dressed

“Evelyn wake up.” Evelyn heard a voice murmur to her.

“No, I don’t wanna.” Evelyn mumbled, attempting to roll over but unable to.

“You will or you will find yourself on the floor.” The voice, which she recognized as belonging to Asmodeus, said.

“Fine fine, I’m up.” Evelyn said, opening her eyes and lifting her off Asmodeus’s chest to see him leaning against the headboard. “Why’d you wake me anyway?”

“I figured that you would like to take a bath.” Asmodeus said.

Evelyn looked down at her clothes but more importantly the dirt that was now encrusted onto her clothes and skin.

“Why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” Evelyn asked.

“I assumed that you would have liked to sleep after the beating you had taken earlier.” Asmodeus said.

“Thanks for reminding about that.” Evelyn said, still lying down on top of Asmodeus.

“No thanks needed.” Asmodeus said.

“But why am I lying down on you instead of the bed?”

“I didn’t want my bed to get dirty, and I didn’t believe that you would have found the floor very comfortable.” Asmodeus said.

“Well thank you for trying to make me comfortable while trying to preserve your bed.” Evelyn said, attempting to stand up.

“My pleasure.” Asmodeus said, reluctantly releasing her.

“So what are we doing today?” Evelyn asked standing by the side of bed and looking down at Asmodeus.

“Well the ball is today-.” Asmodeus started to say, but was quickly cut off by Evelyn.

“What?! The ball is tonight?” Evelyn asked, “Why didn’t you tell me this earlier, will I even have enough time to get ready?” She asked, starting to pace back and forth.

Asmodeus got off the bed, walked in front of Evelyn forcing her to stop pacing, placed both hands on the sides of her face, and brought her face up to look at him. “Breathe.” He commanded. “Are you calm now?” He asked her after a couple of seconds.

Evelyn nodded her head.

“Good. Now as I was saying, Leviathan will be arriving shortly to help to help you prepare.” Asmodeus said.

“Are you going to be here while I get ready?” Evelyn asked.

“No, Leviathan has informed me that I am to remove myself from the room until you are ready at which time I will be sent for.” Asmodeus said.

“So you’re getting kicked out of your own room?”

“It appears so.” Asmodeus said, releasing her face and stepping back. “Now it’s time for your bath.”

“Okay.” Evelyn said, snagging a towel before walking into the bathroom.

*************************

When Evelyn stepped out the shower after wrapping the towel around herself she stood still, dripping water into the floor, wondering what to do next. Finally she decided to a peek outside and see if Leviathan had arrived yet.

When Evelyn creaked open the door and looked into the room she saw Leviathan lounging on the bed.

Leviathan looked up when Evelyn opened the door. “Good, you’re done.” She said, getting up off the bed. “Put on the dress and we’ll work on your hair and make-up later.” Leviathan said handing her the dress and, once Evelyn had taken the dress, closed the bathroom door.

Evelyn shrugged her shoulders and went to do as she was told.

********************

“You’re all done now.” Leviathan said, stepping away from Evelyn and allowing her to look at herself in the full length mirror.

Evelyn stared at her reflection in the mirror, pleased with how well the dress fit her and how well she looked.

Leviathan had placed her hair in a bun with loose tendrils framing her face, this made her neck look longer and made the sapphire, a slightly lighter hue than her dress, stand out. The dress had a slit up to the knee on the right side. Evelyn turned to see the back of the dress, which was her favorite part, it was backless and strips of fabric that crisscrossed her back like corset strings.

“Now that my work here is done, I think I’ll take my leave.” Leviathan said, bringing Evelyn’s attention away from her reflection.

“Don’t you have to get ready as well?” Evelyn asked her, sitting down on the bed to put on her shoes.

“That’s what I’m leaving to do.” Leviathan told her, putting away the makeup and her other various tools.

“But won’t that make you late?”

“That’s the best way to make an entrance.” Leviathan said.

“If that’s what you want to do.” Evelyn said, finished putting on her shoes and standing up.

“It is.” Leviathan said, just as there was a knock at the door and Asmodeus walked in.

“Are you ready?” Asmodeus asked, walking over to Evelyn.

“Hey we match!” Evelyn said, staring at Asmodeus tux but more specifically his sapphire tie and handkerchief that matched her dress.

“That was the point little one.” Asmodeus said, wrapping his arm around Evelyn’s waist. “And you didn’t answer my question.”

“What question? Oh that, yeah I’m ready.” Evelyn told him.

“Good.” Asmodeus said, steering her towards the door. “Bye Leviathan.” He said over his shoulder.

“Yeah, see you later.” Evelyn told her.

“Later.” Leviathan said, just as Asmodeus and Evelyn walked out the door.

-------------------------

A/N: Wont be uploading next week of maybe the week after, school work and all that jazz. But have no fear for summer vacation is almost here and that means more free time to write and upload wohoo.