Chapter 15: Shu

3RD PERSON POV
The (color) haired girl stared. "It really is you." Suddenly a wave of anger washed over the female. "What the heck! So you've been alive this whole time! Enslaving kingdoms and who knows what else!" Tears welled up in her eyes.
"(y/n), look. This is really hard to explain and-"
"And what?! Why did you do this, and don't give me that I want the whole world to be at peace crap, give me a clear answer."
Shu took a breath. "Fine." The albino walked out of the bathroom and sat on the king sized bed, patting a space next to him hinting (y/n) to sit down. Once she sat down Shu began. "It was after you visited me. That day after we saw the poor lady being dragged away for not paying her taxes. I was confused because I hadn't heard anything about any new taxes being put into place. When you left I went to go talk to my parents only finding that they were in the middle of a meeting with the advisors. Not wanting to intrude I waited outside, only to overhear the new tax that they input. Well, more like the new tax those crooked advisors had put in. It was a tax put onto all of the citizens that had accumulated a certain amount of debt. This was because the advisors thought that was a sufficient way to solve the housing crisis. That day I realized how corrupted the advisors were, and I was angry at how my parents would agree to this. So I ran away. This is something nobody knows though. People say that I killed my parents, but I didn't. It was the advisors. Once I left just a day after word in my kingdom spread that my parents were killed. No one knew how, but I did. I had even more anger inside of me that I created Red Eye, my alter ego that could retake my kingdom. I realized that the advisors killed my parents that day so I could never retake my rightful throne. They'd be in control when and if I was found again because I was still a kid to them and the Kingdom. So once Red Eye arrived on the scene, they found a scapegoat for the dissapearnce of me and the death of my parents. In the end those advisors were never killed and are in the dungeon of this castle. After that, I realized that my kingdom wasn't the only one that was corrupted. So I set out to try and bring the kingdoms to peace. That's when I found the legend that explained how I could achieve ultimate peace by combining the ancient artifacts of the finders. Which is why I began to take over kingdoms by force. By then I realized I could've done things differently, but it was to late. Finally, recently I heard about your engagement to Lui."
(y/n) rolled her eyes. "Don't remind me."
"Once I heard about that I took matters into my own hands and decided to go and get you. Granted I do have to say I may have been a little rough with the retrieval process. I hurt Shasa too. Let's just say I felt bad since I've known her for almost as long as I've known you." Shu took a breath. "So that was it. I know I've done some irredeemable things, but it was all for you and peace." Shu looked at the female next to him, trying to find her reaction. He then took her hands in his. "Say something."
(y/n) looked down. "I need time to think. I need to take this all in Shu." She laughed a bit. "Shu, I can't believe your alive. Umm, I hope you don't mind but, can I just be left alone to take this all in."
"Of course. I still need to take a shower and change." Shu stood up and walked back into the bathroom as (y/n) got up and walked out of the bedroom to go to the library.

YOUR POV
I walked into the library and sat in one of its grand chairs. He lied to me, but he did it for a good reason. But he still lied to you! Who can I trust anymore. Not Red Eye, I mean Shu. What about Valt? He hasn't been around the palace that long, but he's also Shu's best friend. I just need someone to talk too.
I then heard a bit of a rustling behind me. I turned to see Gabe. "Sorry for disturbing you your majesty."
"Did Red Eye send you?"
"No, I saw you in here alone and I thought it was my obligation to keep you safe."
"You know you can relax a bit, right Gabe?"
"Umm, of course you majesty. Also, are you doing okay. You seem a bit off today."
This surprised me, but I guess I could at least tell him a bit how I've been feeling. "I just found out that I've been lied to by someone very close to me."
"It's very hard to trust people close to you when they lie."
"And I thought I was beginning to know him." I looked down at my hands. "But then again everybody has secrets."
Gabe kneels down next to me. "Well, sometimes people don't tell you, because they don't want the people closest to them to think any less of them."
"I guess. But it's still surprising and a little hurtful. Granted I know I'll get over it over time." I sighed. Gabe stood back up again and went over to the doors of the library to close them. "Why did you close the doors?"
"I thought you'd want privacy while you're collecting you're thoughts."
"Okay I guess." That totally wasn't suspicious at all. I'll just keep my guard up. "Hey Gabe why-" Suddenly there was a soft white cloth over my mouth. I began to kick and tried to scream. I knocked over things and kicked a few books trying to make as much noise as possible.
"Princess please calm down. I know it seems like I'm your enemy, but I promise you I'm not. Trust me I'm here to help and bring you back to the Kingdom of Dragons."
That's all I heard as the room began to go black.

_____________________________________________
1067 Words!

I'm sorry this took so long to come out. Things took a while and I had to finish stuff up for school, then Christmas came around. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And Happy New Year! Stay Safe and have a great day!