Chapter 8: What About Valt

MEANWHILE
RED EYE'S POV
   "This will teach you not to touch what's mine!" I threw another punch at the blond. "You we planning from the beginning to take my precious (y/n), weren't you!" By now Wakiya was on the floor shaking with a few broken bones and bruises all over his body. He deserves it. He should never had layed a single finger on her at all.
   I gestured my hand telling the two guards behind me to pick him up. "P-p-please d-don't do t-this Kurenai. I-I know t-there's still good i-in you." Wakiya tried to plead to me in a shaky voice.
   Looking him strait in the eyes I responded. "I would kill you, but that's be to easy. A better punishment would be to rot in these dungeons until you die." A look of horror struck his face as he was dragged off yelling, kicking, and screaming.
   "Shu! How could you?!" Slowly turning around I see Valt. I forgot he was down here. "Its been you this whole time? Why would you do this?"
   I sighed, and realized I finally had to tell someone the truth of why I was doing this. Sitting down in front of bars Valt was behind I took off my mask and began to explain.
   "Look. You know how corrupted all of our kingdoms were. Our parents were out to get each other. Behind all of the beautiful pastures and homes you knew how there were spies everywhere. Why do you think my parents were trying to get (y/n) and I married, granted that was the one thing I could thank my parents for. They just wanted their kingdom to gain more power. (y/n) and I saw this. You know how much   (y/n) hated seeing this, she always talked and dreamed about having all the kingdoms unite together. So that's what I'm trying to do. I want to make her life just as she dreamed. I love her, you know that. She was miserable having to always look over her shoulder when another kingdom came for a visit, she hated it. If you had the same feelings for her as I did, you'd try anything. So here I am. I came up with Red Eye the malicious killer of the kingdoms so I could try and make things better for her."
   "Then why kill every other kingdom's rulers?"
   "They're actually not exactly dead..." My eyes trailed to down the long corridor of cells. "They're here, down this hallway. None of them are dead no matter what you've heard. My parents are down there too. They knew right away that it was me. I know they don't really approve, but they understand. They agree that this may be a way to reunite these kingdoms in peace. My plan is to use all the ancient artifacts from the original founders to fulfill the prophecy of old."
   Valt looked at me. "By reuniting the artifacts power in the cave at the edge of the Kingdom of Flames a bright light will reign over the six kingdoms and bring peace to the land. That's your plan? That's really unlike you to leave everything to a prophecy that might not work Shu."
   "Says the one who thought that the myth about Forest Driders were real. You set a trap for them and everything."
   "They're real! If only you and (y/n) stopped  messing around with my drider trap, I would've caught one by now!"
   With that response I began laughing. A genuine laugh then erupted from Valt as well. It's been a while since I've talked to my best friend. "Even if the prophecy doesn't come true the six kingdoms will be under my control as I try to fix the trust and restore peace myself."
   Valt sighed. "I'm still confused. Why not just try to talk all six kingdoms into an alliance?"
    "You know how Zac always just wanted to be the shinning star, and how Lui opposed basically everything I said. This was the only way I could think of to try to bring these kingdoms to peace."
   "What about (y/n)? Have you revealed yourself to her yet?"
   "No, I haven't. I don't even know how she'll react, especially what she had seen last of me." I shook my head. "Anyways, I wanted to talk to you about something. I want you to join my plan."
   "What? Shu, you can't be serious." Valt looked at me in disbelief.
   "I need someone I can trust. You've been my best friend for my whole life. I need someone like you in my corner. Come on, don't tell my you don't want to help unite our kingdoms."
   Valt looked down at the ground. "I don't really know. I'm still trying to take in this whole situation and I don't know where to stand with it."
   I stood up and put my mask back on. "Just... think about it."

YOUR POV 
   I'm laying down on the huge bed in the room I share with Red Eye, just waiting for him to come back. What am I going to say to him. Maybe I can just ask how he's doing? No that's stupid. Hearing the huge double doors open up, I look up to see Red Eye walking in.
   "May I talk to you (y/n)?" He asked. Which surprise me. Wasn't I his prisoner wife. Or however you're supposed to say that.
   "Well, I didn't know you had to ask me permission for that. But, sure." I respond, still a little bit on edge with what happened earlier.
   He walked over to the bed and sat down next to me. Red Eye then pulled me onto his lap and into his chest making me blush a bit. I guess I should get use to this. "What happened earlier with Wakiya, I want you to know that that wasn't the real me. I freaked out because I thought you might just go with Wakiya. I mean, I basically kidnapped you and forced you to be with me, you might not understand right now but I love you. I love you very much. And just the thought of that idiot taking you away from me, scared me half to death. I know you probably don't really like me, but I do hope you can forgive me for that outburst earlier."
   After hearing that, I didn't really know how to react. All I really did was lean into Red Eye's chest a little more. "I-I forgive you..." I mumbled, just loud enough for him to hear. With that, he layed us both down onto the bed and snuggled into me a bit. Maybe I'm beginning to like this side of Red Eye.

_____________________________________________
1132 Words

I finally updated! I really hope you enjoyed this new chapter and feel free to comment what you think along with questions. If I'm on I'll try to respond as quick as possible. Bow stay safe and have a great day!