Chapter 14: Who Are You?

YOUR POV
Halloween was about a month ago, and in that time I've gotten closer to Red Eye. He's actually really nice. But there's also been a lot of questions that's come up. Valt never got back to me about why he's here and how he's alive. Why I haven't seen Zac in about a month. Who is Red Eye under that mask and how he knows so much about me. Red Eye and Valt refused to reply to any of those questions and it's so aggravating.
Besides that things have been the same. I'd wake up, wander around the castle, I found a great library by the way, and then I'd have either a lunch or dinner date with Red Eye. Sometimes I'd hang out with Valt too, but that's when he's not busy helping Red Eye doing whatever they're doing.
No questions have come up about me and my amulet either. I guess Red Eye really is giving me the choice to give it to him or not.
I sit on the king size bed with all these thoughts running through my head, it's been crazy. Along with that there's been a new guard assigned to me for protection at all times according to Red Eye.
His name is Gabe apparently. Pretty new and pretty mysterious. He doesn't talk, he follows me around everywhere, and he reports everything I do back to Red Eye. He's basically a paid stalker.
Anyways, Valt told me that Red Eye wanted to have dinner with me later tonight after some of his strategy meetings. I'm not getting fitted for a new dress, so I'm not going to be able to see Zac, but Valt has a free day so I'm hoping to grill him on some of my questions. Everyone knows that he can be terrible under pressure.
One time, when he was supposed to give a speech about how the crops were doing in front of a few high working officials, he fainted. I felt bad, but it was kind of funny seeing him so flustered.
"Your majesty, Valt is here." Gabe opened the door and explained.
"Tell him he can come in." Gabe nodded and opened the door all the was to let Valt in, Gabe then closed the door.
Valt walked in and sat on the king sized bed next to me. "New security huh."
"Well, Red Eye wants to keep me safe."
"He freaks me out." Valt shuddered.
"Can't you do something about it since your his advisor."
"Yes, but it is true. You should have security around you, especially with all the people who probably want to get to you to take down Red Eye. You mean a lot to him."
I sighed, but nodded my head in agreement. Then I decided to start to get to the real questions. "Hey Valt, can we talk in private?"
"But, we are in private."
I signaled Valt to lean in. "I'm going to be honest, I don't trust him." I whispered. "He hasn't been around long, and these questions I ask you, I don't want him telling Red Eye about."
"O-okay. I'll ask him to leave us for a bit."
"Thanks."
Valt stands up and walks over to where my personal guard Gabe was and spoke a few words to him. Gabe then left. Valt shuts the door and walks back over to me. "So, what's up?"
"How are you alive? Why are you here?"
Valt immediately began to sweat. "W-well, you see, that's hard to answer (y/n). There's a lot of things I can't tell you."
I stood up in anger. "First Zac, then Ken, now you! Why can't I know what's going on! I don't want to be kept in the dark!" I was heavily breathing. It was like all the anger I've held these past few months just came all out on Valt. Which made me feel instantly guilty. "Sorry Valt. I didn't mean to be so.angry at you. It just seems like ever since I got here secrets have been kept from me. I can't get a clear answer."
Valt patted my back. "I know you want a clear answer, but what's going on right now is a lot bigger than you think."
With that question out of the way, I decided to ask the biggest one that's been nagging at me ever since I got here. "Then can you answer at least one simple question? It's nothing deep."
"Sure (y/n)! Go ahead." Valt replied with his happy go lucky smile.
"Who is Red Eye."
"Uhh. That is also something I can't answer." Valt seemed pretty guilty that he couldn't tell me.
"Is he somebody I know."
"Uhh, no..." Valt's a terrible liar. Which means Red Eye is someone I know. "Well, if you don't have anymore questions I'll call back Gabe, and you should get ready for your dinner date. Bye (y/n)!" Valt completely ignored that last question and just left.
I thought back about so many things said. Zac said He's just like you and me. Then what Valt said, or more like didn't say, he's someone I know. And he knows so much about me.
I began to connect the dots in my brain. He's just like me and Zac, I know him, and he looks a lot like Shu... Shu. But it can't be. Shu's dead, he's been dead. Then again who knows what else I've been lied to about. My parents say he's a tyrant but from what I've seen the meanest he's been is intimidating, except that one time with Wakiya. But he was doing it to protect me, something Shu would've done for me.
I shook my head. "My head hurts..." I decided to not think about it and just got ready for dinner.

3RD PERSON POV
(y/n) and Red Eye were sitting at a small table on a balcony. "The sunset is beautiful tonight."
"Not as beautiful as you."
"Well that was kind of cheesy." Red Eye let out a chuckle.
"So, today was another normal day?"
(y/n) shifted a tiny bit. "Yep, completely normal. Hanged out with Valt and read a few books in the library."
"Is the food to your liking tonight?"
"Yeah." (y/n) paused a bit. "Why does it seem like I you know so much about me, but I know so little about you."
"You'll know more in time (y/n). We are going to be with each other for the rest of our lives." Before Red Eye could say anything else another male servant came over to Red Eye to pour him some more tea until the servant bumped into Red Eye and spilled hot tea all over him. "Ouch!"
(y/n) imeadeatly got concerned and got up to get a napkin to help dry up Red Eye. "Are you okay Red Eye."
"I'm so so so sorry sir! Please have mercy on me!" The servant bowed down on his knees begging Red Eye to basically not kill him.
While (y/n) was patting Red Eye down, Red Eye put his hand up signaling the servant to stop talking.
"It's okay, it doesn't hurt that bad. Plus (y/n) and I are done eating anyways. We can head back to our room and I can change my clothing. Let's go (y/n)." Red Eye took (y/n)'s hand and walked back to their shared bedroom.
"Well that was nice of you."
"It was an honest mistake. I'm going to go change. I'll be right back." Red Eye left for the bathroom.
The door was left open a crack, curiosity getting the best of me I had to look. He'd take his mask off while changing right? I quietly walked over to the bathroom and opened the door enough to see what Red Eye really looked like.
Looking through the crack I saw his red eyes  and long snow white hair. Then I looked at his facial features. It really was him. Opening the door all the way I confronted him.
"Shu..."

_____________________________________________
1348 Words!

Happy Thanksgiving! And here's the update I promised! I really do hope you enjoyed this chapter of the story. Stay safe and have a great day!