Chapter 10: Picnic

YOUR POV
It's been a tiny bit since Zac left, and I already missed him. But I can't stop thinking about what he said before he had to leave.
"He's just like you and me."
I shook my head as I heard a knock at the door. I walked over and opened the door to be met with Ken holding a (color) dress. "Zac has finished making you dress Miss (y/n)."
"Oh, thank you Ken." Then I thought of something before he left. "Umm Ken?"
"Yes?"
"Did you use to be a prince?" Ken seemed physically uncomfortable at that question.
"I'm sorry Miss (y/n), but I can't answer that question for you. Maybe one day, but not today." And before I could respond, he closed the door to my room and left me to change.
"That was weird, but I know he looks familiar. At least the dress Zac made me looks nice." Going into the bathroom that's connected to the room I put in the long dress. Looking myself in the mirror, it looked pretty cute. The dress was nice and loose and went down to the floor. At the top the sleeves were long and tight with a u-neck style near my neck.
Walking out of the bathroom I looked out the window to see the sun in the middle of the sky. "Well, it looks around lunch time I guess."
Going out of my room and beginning to walk down the hallway I begin to realize I don't know where I'm going. Turning around and trying to see if I could go back to my room and maybe wait till Red Eye comes to get me, all the rooms look the same. Internally panicking my body just decided to keep walking until I run into a person wearing armor. "Oh, are you okay?"
I look up to see a man with yellow hair. "Umm, I'm sorry but I'm looking for the throne room." I ask, a little bit embarrassed.
"Okay, wait a second I don't think we've met before." He sticks his hand out to me very enthusiastically. "I'm Rantaro! Red Eye's head army general. Nice to meet you!" I shook his hand as he gave me a pretty toothy grin.
"Hi, I'm (y/n)." Rantaro then looked like he was hit with a wave of realization.
"Wait, your the (y/n) Red Eye took- Ohhh. That's why your trying to find the throne room. Let me show you." I nodded as he walked me through the hallway left and right. This brings back a lot of memories. Shu and I used to always run through here, I can't believe it's been so long that I can't even remember how to get around the castle. "And here we are!" Rantaro opens one of the huge double doors gently.
I spewed a thank you and walked in. There I saw Red Eye talking to someone who was in a cloak. Once Red Eye turned and saw me he waved the person in the dark cloak away.
"Hello (y/n). Are you ready to go?" I nodded as he walked over to where I was and offered his arm. Taking it he lead us to his carriage. Now that I think of it this'll be the first time I'm off of the castle grounds since Red Eye has taken me.
Stepping into the carriage i take this time to ask Red Eye about himself. "So, what do you do for fun?"
"I usually read on my off time." Red Eye was sat next to me and had his arm around my waist as he kept talking. "I haven't really told you much about myself have I?" I shake my head as he continues. "Well, I enjoy learning more about different cultures. Along with spending some time outside. But when I'm working I try to make sure that the lives of the people living in the places I rule are safe and comfortable."
"Then why are there so many rumors about you being heartless and cruel? Also why do people say you kill the royal families of kingdoms you take over when Zac is still alive?"
"Missconseptions. People believe what they want and hear what they want to hear. Granted that doesn't push away some of the real cruel things I've done. And I feel that if I tell you about those things, that you'd fear me even more than you already do."
I really wanted to tell him that I don't fear him, but that'd be a major lie. I guess I've gotten a little more comfortable around him though.
As the carriage stops and Red Eye gets out of the carriage I feel my necklace shake and glow a bit. Oh right, I keep forgetting that I have my family airloom on. I guess I've been wearing it so long that I forgot it was even there. (And so did Author~Chan. Whoops.)
I then realize Red Eye has been offering his hand to me for a tiny bit, looking a little confused with his head tilted a bit. Taking his hand I get out of the carriage. I then see him take a basket and blanket from one of the servants and walk back towards me.
"Let's go." I nod as I follow him into the grassy green fields that is filled with a multitude of different flowers. Red Eye then stops and sets the blanket down for both of us to sit on.
Sitting down I ask. "So what did you bring for us to eat?"
Red Eye sits down next to me as he opens the basket. "Well, how about you see?" I look inside to see some cute little butterfly shaped sandwiches, cookies, water in a huge bottle with glasses to the side, and some chips. (I know that chips probably weren't around in medevil times but I can't really think of anything else right now). "Do you like it?" Red Eye asks.
"Yes! This all looks amazing!" I feel like I'm spewing with energy right after I saw these food items.
Red Eye took the items out and put them on the blanket. Then we both began to eat. I dug into the cookies first. Haven't had those in a while, and let me tell you they tasted delicious. Both of us sat and ate in silence enjoying each other's company. For a slight moment, I felt like I was with Shu again... it was weird.
Then Red Eye spoke. "Do you know about the legend of the six founders?"
"No, I don't think I was ever really told that one. I've heard the one about the blue dragon though."
"Umm, okay. But let me tell you about the legend of the six founders. A long time ago when the six kingdoms were found the six founders created six artifacts to keep the six lands safe. The Sword of Spryzen, Armor of Valtryek, Shield of Kerbeus, Pendant of Zeutron, Amulet of (b/n), and the Helmet of Luinor. It is said that when all six are reunited together at the place where the sun sets, then the person who brought them all together will gain the power to reunite the six lands. That place is right over there at the end of this field." Red Eye points to the cave far away from us.
"So, why are you telling me this?"
"I just wanted to ask, what do you know about that amulet around your neck."

_____________________________________________1256 Words!

Sorry I updated one day late I was still planning what I wanted to write in this chapter! But I really hope you did enjoy this and tell me what you think in the comments! Anyways stay safe and have a great day!