Chapter 16: Lui

3RD PERSON POV
(y/n) woke up to a large bump. Waking up she realized her wrists and ankles were tied with rough rope. "W-what's going on?" She finally recalled what had happened within the past hours.
"I see you're up princess."
(y/n) scowled. "Where are you bringing me?"
"Back home. Well, your home for now. Once Prince Lui takes back the rest of the kingdoms you'll be back home safe and married."
"Excuse me, married?!" By this point (y/n) was hyperventilating.
"Yes, your parents agreed that for your safe return to them they'll let Prince Lui marry you. Now please calm down princess and save all your questions till we get back to the castle." (y/n) realized she was in a discreet wagon.
"That must've been how we got out of the Kingdom of Flames without anyone noticing." The (color) haired girl whispered to herself.
"What was that?"
"Why am I tied up? Also, how long have you been working for Lui? And Gabe, Gabe~? Why the name Gabe I mean-"
"If you're trying to annoy me into letting you go it's not going to work Princess. Now please if you don't mind, just stop talking." Gabe sighed as he rolled his eyes.

YOUR POV
Rude. Can't believe this guy passed as my personal guard. By this time Shu or Valt probably figured out I'm gone. Shu will come for me. He always does.

LATER
The wagon finally stopped. "Lets go Princess." Gabe lifted me out of the wagon and onto the dirt road as he lead me inside. Looking around, I forgot how desolate and bleak the Kingdom of Dragons was compared to the Kingdom of Flames. All the war has done a number on this place.
Walking into the palace it was absolutely surreal. I never thought I'd be back here.
"(y/n)!" I look to see Shasa running over to me to give me a huge bear hug. "I can't believe your alive. Red Eye didn't do anything to you right? And oh my gosh why are your hands tied up?!"
"Ask Gabe." I side eyed the tall male. As that happened Shasa untied my wrists.
"You know who else will be glad to see you, Toko and Nika, oh and-"
Gabe cut her off. "The princess still needs to be debreifed about the whole situation."
"Do you mind, I just got my bestie back!"
"And so did the rest of her kingdom now if you mind. This way to the debriefing room princess." Gabe said, gesturing to the right. I rolled my eyes as I walked into the huge strategizing room.
"(y/n)!" My mother ran over and hugged me. I had some questions for her.
"Mom, what's going on. What's up with me marrying Lui?"
My mother tried to comb out my hair with her hand. "Shh, I know you've just been through a lot. I'm just so glad you're here and safe. We agreed to let Lui marry you if he could get you back alive, and he did. Aren't you grateful that he saved you from the clutches of that evil man-"
"Mom he was caring. He didn't do anything to me." I can't believe that came out of my mouth. But then again it's Shu, he may be a little different but he's still Shu.
"How can you say that." My mother shook her head. "Nevermind, you've been through a lot. How about I get Shasa to bring you back to your room and get you some food. In the morning we can talk more okay?"
"Okay..." I sighed. A few minutes later Shasa came walking in.
"Come on, let's take a tiny detour before I being you to your room."
Shasa led me down a few twisting hallways before I spoke again. "So, our kingdom's alliance? What's going on?"
"Well, besides rescuing you. Nobody on either side is agreeing on anything. I don't know how we're even going to try and take down Red Eye. Oh, here we are!"
We both arrived at what looks like a guest room. Everything was quiet until I heard two little voices. "(y/n)!"
"Toko! Nika!" I almost wanted to cry as I hugged the twins. "I missed you both so much!"
Nika spoke up through her tears. "I-I thought y-you were going to end up like V-Valt!"
"What no, Valt's alive!" The words just escaped out of my mouth.
"Wait Valt's alive?" Toko spoke up.
I just continued without thinking of what would happen next. "Yes, I saw him with Sh-" I shut my mouth realizing Shu might not want people to know he's not dead, or Red Eye. "Red Eye..."
"Obviously Red Eye is holding him hostage. Who knows how long he'll be kept alive? I've got to tell everyone else that an important life is on the line now." Shasa intervened.
"Shasa, calm down Valt is-"
"Why didn't Wakiya tell us about this?!"
"Wait, Wakiya?!"
Shasa looked at me. "How about we talk about this in your room. Toko, Nika, we're going to leave right now, but we will see you more tomorrow okay?"
Nika hugged me tighter. "Please don't leave again (y/n)! I don't want to lose you too!"
I patted her head as she cried a bit. "Don't worry, I promise I won't leave you like that again. Okay?"
She looked up at me. "Okay." Shasa and I leave the room. Shasa then leads me to my guest room.
"So... Wakiya..." I slowly say.
"Wakiya is our ally. I think. He gets on my nerves, that's for sure. He told us about many things. Except for Valt of course. Ah! Here's your room. And there's some food I guess the chef decided to cook up for you."
I looked at the room. It was smaller than the one back at Shu's palace, but it was still nice.  Then I saw the food. A few sad sunny side up eggs and bread. I forgot, there's a food shortage within the kingdoms not controlled by Shu. By now that's only two kingdoms. "Hey (y/n). I know you've been through a lot, so I'm going to leave you alone for right now to collect your thoughts okay?"
"Okay. I'll see you later Shasa." With that, she left. What are you playing at Lui...

_____________________________________________
1060 Words

Sorry this took so long. I'm currently finishing this chapter at 12 a.m., but I owe you guys an update so I don't care. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for supporting this book! Stay Safe and have a great day!