Chapter 9: Zac?

YOUR POV
Waking up, it was pretty late in the day. Red Eye wasn't in bed so I was assuming he was working and left me to sleep by myself. Yawning and stretching my arms in the air I sat up. Walking to the huge doors of the room I was about to open it when I heard a knock.
"Who is it?"
"It's Ken my lady. Red Eye wanted me to see if you were awake yet. Clearly you are. May I come in?"
Oh, it was Ken. I don't know why but the more I think about it, the more he looks familiar, like I've seen him before. "Sure Ken, it's okay to come in."
I back up as he opens the doors and walks in with an omelet that was filled with a lot of cheese. There was also orange juice with some potatoes cut into some small pieces on the side. He sets down the tray and begins talking. "Red Eye wanted to request you to be at the throne room around lunch. He said he wanted to make up for his outburst yesterday by taking you on a picnic outside in the fields. He also set up a fitting for you to make you a new dress for the picnic. So are you going to attend the picnic with Red Eye later?"
"Well, it's not like I have that much of a choice, so yes Ken. I will attend the picnic with Red Eye." I responded.
He nodded. "Okay, the seamstress will be here around lunch time, hopefully you're done with your meal by then." With that, Ken walked out of the room and closed the door.
"Maybe I'll get to know him better. I mean, I'm going to be with him for the rest of my life so I should start to get use to him." Sighing, I walk over to where Ken put down my breakfast/lunch.

MEANWHILE
RED EYE'S POV
I talk with my general Rantaro about battle strategies for taking over the Kingdom of Dragons. "If we cover their sides at night so that there are no ways to escape when we do a full on attack from the front." Rantaro suggested.
"Well, that would be great. If Diago hadn't told us about how they run their defenses on the wall that protects their castle. I don't want unnecessary lives lost if we can find an easier way to lay siege." He nods in response as we see Ken walk into the throne room. I dismiss Rantaro.
"Your majesty she agreed. But I still have concerns about who's the one taking measurements and making her new dress. I mean, it's Zac. He used to be a Prince like me, but can we trust him to not tell about what you're really doing or who you really are?"
I sighed and rubbed my temples. "I guess we're just going to have to trust him. He's the best at what he does and I only want to best for her. So send him in with some guards near by. I don't want him to be spilling anything until I'm ready."
"I understand your majesty." With that, I watched Ken walk away out of the throne room.
He has a point, (y/n) was great friends with Zac when we were younger. They were like brother and sister. Sitting down on my throne I began to think. Zac is powerless without the Pendant of Zeutron. Then there's my love, (y/n). She has the Amulet of (b/b) around her neck and probably doesn't even know how important it is besides it being a family heirloom. It's not like I can just take it from her. Maybe I can bring it up to her during our picnic later. Who knows. I just want to connect with her more.

YOUR POV
I just finished eating everything on the tray, and it was delicious! How much I missed eating this kind of food. Then there's a knock at the door followed by a voice I never thought I'd hear again.
"Well are you going to open up Starshine?" I ran to the door and opened it up. That sight confirmed my suspicions. "Well, hasn't it been a while. Now let me in, I do have a job to do."
Moving to the side I began to ask questions. "I thought you were dead? Why are you here? Why are you working for Red Eye? What's going on?" I walked over to the bed and plopped down on it.
He put his stuff down and walked over to me. "Are you at least going to give me a hug Starshine?" I nodded as I got back up and hugged him.
"I missed you Zac."
"I missed you to Starshine. Now let's talk about why I'm here and alive. I bet you have a lot more than three questions."
"You bet."
"Well, I still have some work to do so stand over here so I can measure you a bit." Standing to where he pointed I held my arms in a T position. "So, I'm alive because Red Eye isn't a mean as he seems. Uhh, move a little bit to the right Starshine. And he actually offered for me to do this instead of being put into the dungeons."
"Wait, are there others in the dungeon Zac?" He seemed to look a little uncomfortable with this question.
"Well, you see Starshine, I can't answer that question. I do still have limits and all being a past prince. Now turn a bit, I need to measure the size of your back."
Turning a bit I kept asking. "What? Why can't you answer that?"
"I'm really sorry, I wish I could but just remember, all of this will be explained in time."
"Zac! You know I don't like not knowing stuff! I can handle the truth."
He sighed while measuring my arms. "Look, the truth is... I don't even know all that's going on. Red Eye only told me so much. Just trust when I say he's not what our parents have told us. He's just like you and me." Before I could say anything else a guard hit the door signalling Zac for something. "Uhh, forget I said that last part. It doesn't matter."
"What do you mean it doesn't matter. Clearly if the guards got a little frantic when you said that, it's clearly important."
"Starshine... please just forget I said that. Now, about this dress. It should be ready by the time you and Red Eye go for your picnic. What color would do you want the dress to be."
"Umm, how about (favorite color)?"
"Of course. Anything for you Starshine." Before he could walk away, I caught his wrist.
"Am I ever going to see you again soon?"
"I'd like to say yes, but I'm not sure Starshine. It may not be soon, but I will see you again." With that bitter goodbye, Zac walked out of my room.

_____________________________________________
1174 Words!

I hope you enjoyed the monthly update of this story. Feel free to share any of your thoughts with me by commenting, and if you have any questions for me you can also comment that and I'll try to respond as soon as possible. Stay safe and have a great day!