Chapter 19: The Means to an End

THRONE ROOM
3RD PERSON POV
The two future monarchs fought. Shu swinging the Sword of Spryzen while Lui fought back with a pristine sword. The Sword of Spryzen seemed to react to the Armor of Valtryek, Pendant of Zeutron, and Shield of Kerbeus. The sword was bursting into flames that seemed to become more and more uncontrollable as Shu became angrier and angrier.
"Just give up Lui! Surrender and we can end this peacefully. No one will get hurt."
"Hurt! Oh please, tell that to all of the people you've killed Shu!" The Headdress of Luinor also seemed to be reacting to the other artifacts, seemingly glowing with power. The two powerhouses fought back and forth creating cracks and breaking glass in the throne room.
"The people that I killed deserved to be killed." Shu was not having any of this today. He was already angry enough while the power of the artifacts powered him. In true logic, he should've been able to overpower Lui in a heartbeat, but Lui being Lui, wasn't going to go down as easily. The Headdress of Luinor seemed to power up the young monarch ten fold, or at least to the same power level as Shu. What was clear, is that this battle wasn't going to end anytime soon.

SOMEWHERE IN THE CASTLE
YOUR POV
"Okay, so Red Eye is Shu, Lui's henchman Gabe kidnapped you from him and that's why Shu has created a full on assault to get you back. Also, Valt is alive." Toko repeated.
"How romantic! Kind of sort of." Nika replied. Valt and I just spent the last twenty minutes trying to explain why he and Shu were alive and well and what the heck was going on.
"Okay, so we need to go! Like now." Valt announced pretty loud. Not gonna lie, it's kind of weird seeing him so serious. Anyways, the three of us nodded and followed Valt trying to get out of the castle.
After a few minutes of seemingly aimless running I decided to speak up. Stopping Valt I looked him in the eyes with a serious look. "Valt. I want you to answer me with complete honesty. Do you know where we're going."
"Well..." He looked around for a second. "Not really." I facepalmed. So we have been aimlessly running around the enemy's castle for the last few minutes. "Look you know I'm not really good under pressure (y/n)!"
I took a breath and looked at the twins. "Okay, you two have been here for a while. Do you know anyway to get out?"
The pink haired girl spoke up." I think I might know a back passageway. The only thing is that it passes by Shasa's room."
"Well, if it's the best shot we've got to get out of this castle, we're going to have to take it. Lets go."

THRONE ROOM
SHU'S POV
I dodged another one of Lui's head on attacks. He just doesn't want to give up. But if I want to reunite the six kingdoms, I need that headdress. Sprinting forward I clashed head on with Lui. I began to get tired. This was Lui's forte. Head on battling, but he can only have so much stamina. All I have to do is to keep avoiding his attacks and his stamina will run out quickly.
Catching Lui out of the corner of my eye I took a breath a took a step to the right causing him to have to catch himself. He came at me again head on. And again, I stepped to the side making him have to stop himself and turn around.
"Stop avoiding me and fight!"
"I am." The both of us continued this cat and mouse kind of game, him visibly getting tired. Lui kept getting angrier and angrier the longer the fight lasted. "Just surrender, give me the Headdress of Luinor, and leave (y/n) alone. After that I'll leave you alone."
Lui began to laugh maniacally to my confusion. "Its hilarious if you think this would make me surrender. You may have an army but this is still my castle." Lui snapped his fingers and I noticed another large presence behind me.
"Nice to see you Red Eye." Turning around, I saw Gabe. Great. Just great.

SOMEWHERE IN THE CASTLE
YOUR POV
"Okay, then I think we need to take another turn here." Nika explained.
"Wait, I thought we had to keep going forward Nika?" Toko interjected.
"Well, I-I-" She looked like she was about to cry.
I stopped the group. "Hey. It's okay Nika. We'll find our way out of the castle eventually. There's always a way out."
"(y/n), Toko, Nika, Valt?!" I turned around to see Shasa. "Where are you going and Valt, you're alive?!"
"Y-yeah. I am." Valt nervously answered.
"Shasa, we need to get out of here. I need to get back to Red Eye."
She stared at me in disbelief. "Back to Red Eye? Did you hit your head or something?! He's a murderer-"
"No he's not." I interrupted him. "If he killed anyone it would either be because they deserved it or it was by accident. But right now I need to get back to him."
Shasa just kept staring. "How can you go with him? After all the pain and suffering he's caused?!"
Valt spoke up. "Shasa, look at me. You thought I was dead and that Red Eye killed me, but he didn't." He then looked at me, as if asking for permission. I just nodded, and let him spill the secret. "Shasa, one more thing. Red Eye is Shu. And you knew Shu, you knew he wanted nothing but peace. That's what he's trying to achieve right now, but for that to happen you have to help us get out of here."
Shasa sighed. "I'm going to regret this... Okay! Follow me!" She began to lead us in another direction.
I walked up to her. "Thank you Shasa."
"You better be right about this (y/n)."
"I know I am Shasa."

THRONE ROOM
SHU'S POV
This was getting increasingly difficult. Now instead of just fighting Lui, someone's fighting style I knew, I was now fighting him and Gabe. Gabe's fighting style seemed a bit like mine, completely balanced and not overly relying on one skill. Both were teaming on me as a two on one.
"Surrender Kurenai and maybe I'll spare you." The two backed me into a corner.
"Not a chance Lui." I chuckled a bit. "I should've known that you wouldn't fight fair."
"I fight how I want to fight Kurenai, now surrender!"
I began to feel energy course through me. The four artifacts glowing. I then realized the Headdress of Luinor that Lui was wearing began to glow as well. What's going on...

_____________________________________________
1137 Words!

Sorry this took so long to come out. Summer is officially on and I'm ready to write, hopefully. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Have a great day and stay safe!