Chapter 18: Reunion

3RD PERSON POV
"Begin to start moving south. I want us at the Kingdom of Dragons by tomorrow's dawn." Shu was ready to wage war. He didn't care about anything else bit getting his queen back. Shu was wearing all the magical items of the kingdom's founders that he had collected over the years. While he walked into his luscious carriage he thought of a strategy with a map of Lui's palace in hand. Valt followed behind him.
As the carriage started to move Valt spoke up. "Do you have a plan Shu?"
"I'm going to find Lui and beat the crap out of him. During that time I want you to find (y/n) and get her out of there." The albino opened up the map. "Lui is most likely holding her in the west tower."
"Okay, so I'll probably have to take out the guards..." Valt then took a moment to think. "You do remember I'm not the best at sword fighting."
"You'll be fine Valt."
"If you say so."

THE NEXT DAY
YOUR POV
Stupid Lui, keeping me locked in the west tower. It's like one of those fairy tales where  the princess is helpless. But that's not going to be how this story goes. The metal dinner tray from yesterday was on the nightstand. Usually the guard who brings in my food doesn't have a helmet on, for some dumb reason. I'll just take the tray and knock whoever comes in over the head.
"Princess. Breakfast is here." Right on time. The door creaked open. Right when the guy walked in I knocked him over the head and he fell to the group with a loud thump. Probably loud enough for other guards to hear. I sprinted away. I didn't know where to go or how to get out of here, but anywhere is better here.

3RD PERSON POV
(y/n) was running through the castle focusing on every twist and turn of each hallway. Suddenly bells were ringing. (y/n) knew all to well that this was the alarm to signal invaders. Maybe Shu came for me. The (color) haired girl thought.
In the front of the castle fifty thousand soldiers dressed in dark red armor were ready to storm the palace. In front of them all was Shu dressed in the artifacts of the founders, blood lust in his ruby red eyes. Lifting up the Sword of Spryzen Shu pointed it forward signalling all his troops to attack. A sea of soldiers rushed forward tearing into the palace.
"LUI! I'M COMING FOR YOU!"
In the mean time Valt ran to the west tower only to see a guard on the floor next to a metal tray. Valt peaked into the room. "Umm, (y/n)?" No one was inside. "Oh no." Valt looked down the hallway. "Maybe she went that way? Oh why do you have to make things complicated (y/n)!" Valt yelled in exasperation.

YOUR POV
Okay, another left and- "(y/n)?" I looked behind me to see the pink haired twin.
"Nika what are you doing out here? It's dangerous, we don't know who's attacking the palace."
"But I got scared." She looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Toko and I were running to the safe room, but we got separated when a group of guards ran past us. I wish I played attention to where the safe room was."
"Does Toko know where it is?"
"Uh..." She scratched the back of her head.
"I'm gonna take that as a no." I thought for a second. If the person attacking was Shu, I should find him and get out of this place. But if it isn't, and this attacker is a dangerous person and Toko gets hurt, I'd never forgive myself. I made up my mind. "Okay. Follow me. We're going to find him."
"Then find the safe room?"
I hesitated. I really wanted to find out if this attacker was Shu instead. "Yes. Then we'll find safe room."
I grabbed her hand as we both ran through the castle trying to find Toko. A few guards ran past us, luckily they were to focused on the breach in the palace that they didn't notice I had escaped from the west tower. Nika finally decided to yell. "Toko! Toko where are you?!"
"Toko!" This wasn't working I was really frustrated and worried. Suddenly my amulet began to glow and blink. I stopped running and took it off. The amulet then began to rise out of my hand and fly in another direction. My initial instinct was to take Nika's hand and follow the flying amulet.
After a bit of twisting and turning I see Toko hidden under a table in the dining room. "Toko!"
He looked up at me." (y/n)! Nika!" Toko ran and hugged me. "I'm sorry for getting lost!"
"Shh, it's okay Toko. Take breath. Now let's find the safe room." The three of us turned around, only to see the blue haired porcupine.
"Valt?" Toko and Nika said at the same time.
"H-hey guys. How've you been?"
"Valt!" They both ran and hugged him.
Toko spoke first. "I-I thought you were dead."
"No. I'm not. But now that I found you two you can come with me and (y/n) to Shu-"
Now it was Nika's time to speak. "Shu?! I thought he was dead?"
"Uhh, long story short Shu is Red Eye I'll explain everything later. Now lets go."

3RD PERSON POV
"Lui where are you!" Shu was walking around the castle trying to find Lui. He walked to the giant throne room to only see Lui sitting on the throne in the center of the room.
"Red Eye. Or should I say Shu. It's great to see you."
Shu's eyes widened. "H-How-"
"I knew from the start. Now take off that stupid mask."
"Tell me where (y/n) is."
"So I was right. She's your weakness. She's in the west wing if you must know. Granted, by my calculations she probably escaped from her tower by now. Either way she'll never have the chance to leave the palace. Now fight me Kurenai." Lui stood up with the Headdress of Luinor on his head. "Lets end this once and for all."

_____________________________________________
1050 Words

Yay! Another chapter finished. If you can't tell the story is coming to an end soon. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Have a great day and stay safe!