Chapter 11: The Amulet

3RD PERSON POV
   The (color) haired girl was a little... embarrassed. She didn't want to admit that she barely knew anything about the amulet around her neck. "Well, I umm. Not that much. Only that this amulet has been in my family forever."
   "You really weren't told anything about it?" (y/n) shook her head. "How do you feel about the legend I told you?"
   "I don't know. It's just, how can you put so much faith into a-a story? Do you even have a back up plan if that doesn't work?"
   "If it doesn't work, then I'll find another way to reunite the kingdoms."
   "May I please say what I'm thinking?" When Red Eye nodded (y/n) took that signal and began to speak. "So you want my amulet to do try and complete this plan. And if that doesn't work, your still going to reunite the kingdoms. So what are you going to do to make that happen? Keep ruling by force? I hope you know by now that every other kingdom doesn't see what you do, as right."
   After (y/n) realized what she said she was holding her breath for what would happen next. Red Eye then answered. "I do understand that, but if that's what it takes for peace, it'll all be worth it in the end. All I need is for you to give me your amulet. You don't have to give it to me right now, but just think about it." The albino male then began to repack the picnic bag.
   Quickly changing the topic (y/n) began speaking. "Lunch was delicious. Ms. Ange is amazing a cooking. I wish I was that good."
   "I'm sure your not that bad (y/n). I know for a fact your cooking isn't that bad..." Red Eye mumbled the last part.
   "What did you say?"
   "Nothing. Now let's get back to the castle."

TIME SKIP
YOUR POV 
   The carriage ride back to the castle was... nice. It's weird, everything seemed so peaceful. But I still couldn't think about what to do. I could give Red Eye the amulet, no harm no foul right? I don't know.
   If I give him the amulet it means I give away the last thing that I have from my past life, it would also mean I'd help him try and create peace. Red Eye doesn't seem as bad as I was lead to believe, but what do I really know about him. I don't even know what he looks like. I really need to talk to someone.
   Once we were back at the castle, Red Eye helped me out of the carriage. "I need to attend some important meetings so I won't be able to spend dinner with you today. Don't wait up on me tonight." The albino then kissed my hand walked further into the castle.
   Then I saw Ken walk into the main hall. "Your majesty, since Red Eye will be in meetings all night, would you like to spend the night with Ange and myself?"
   "Sure!" Maybe I could talk to Ange about this problem.
   Walking into the kitchen area I saw Ange cooking what seemed like dinner. "Oh deary! How great of you to join Ken and I. Come sit over here, dinner will be done in a little while."
   Sitting down at an okay looking table  Ken took a seat across from me. "Hey, I've been wondering. You look really familiar to someone Ken." I then felt a tiny blush on my face as I realized that, that statement could've been a little intrusive, but surprisingly Ken answered.
   "Well, I guess Red Eye would've told you anyways. My real name is Kensuke, the real Prince of the Kingdom of Animals." I took it all in. It was crazy, fist Zac now Ken. "It was a while ago, my kingdom was doing as well as it could be while being at war with the other kingdoms. When we were attacked, we were not prepared. At that time most of our army was still to the east fighting the Kingdom of Dragons. When Red Eye took over I was in the gardens as I heard screaming and horrified cries coming from my parents. Running to where these cries were from, the complete opposite of what I thought was going to happen happened. Granted my parents were knocked out but not harmed. Red Eye then talked to me in private. It took everything in me to not freak out. I was pretty shy. Anyways he spoke to me on a one on one basis, he was down to earth and spoke to me about what he was doing. From then on I gave him the Shield of Kerbeus and pledged my allegiance to him. And now I keep watch over you."
   I was surprised. Ken basically gave himself up, but this was his choice after all. "Well Red Eye getting you on his side seems a lot less violent then when my kingdom got overruled."
   "Well it was violent. Of course it was violent, but there are still somethings I can't tell you about just yet."
   "What things?"
   "Dinner's ready!" Ange yelled. Both Ken and I got our food, and even though I tried to bring up what 'things' I couldn't know about, Ken refused to talk most of the night to my dismay.

THE DUNGEONS
3RD PERSON POV
   "So, what do you say Valt?"
   "I'll do it. I pledge my allegiance to you Shu. But what about when I see (y/n). What'll she say?" The blue haired male asked.
   "It's okay, it'll all be okay. She's already encountered Zac and that went... well. Granted, I'm glad that you'll be by my side as we reunite the kingdoms." Shu explained.
   "Let's do this Shu." And with that Shu let Valt out of his cell and walked back up stairs. By this time it was midnight, so the only people up were the guards who clearly weren't going to ask what Red Eye was doing at this time and hour.

SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE DUNGEONS
   Wakiya was in the corner of his cell. Still thinking about all the things he could've done to avoid this situation and keep his power. Suddenly there was a knock at the metal cell door. This getting the blonde's attention got up and walked to the door. Then a feminine voice came from the other side.
   "Wakiya right? My name is Shasa. We heard you want out of here."
   "What do you mean by 'we'?"
   "The Kingdom of Crystals and the Kingdom of Dragons. If I get you out of here you must tell us everything you know about Red Eye and his plans."
   "And why should I trust you Shasa?"
   Shasa, seeming annoyed in her voice replied. "I just want the Kingdom of Crystals beloved princess back. And the rest of us want Red Eye to fall. So yes or no?"
   Wakiya took a second to think. Then replied. "Get me out of here."

_____________________________________________
1173 Words!

Sorry this chapter took a bit. Anyways I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! Tell me what you thought. Stay safe and have a great day!