23

"Get out."

Is all my mother says when I walk into the door.

"Wha- I

"Alexandra. Get out!"

My dad is standing next to her arms crossed.

"Mom, what did I -

She hands me a slip of paper and I take it from her.

Thank you for applying to Stanford. After carefully reviewing your submission we have decided to withdraw our acceptance and are no longer interested.

The tears burn my face. They come so suddenly. Daniel had them withdraw my acceptance. My dream school.

"You ruined your life Alexandra. You had one job and you couldn't keep your legs closed just until you went to school? I want you gone, you are a disgrace to our family.

My father looks like he wants to say something but my mother's overbearing personality keeps him silent.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to do that mom." My acceptance relied so heavily on Daniel and I didn't even realize.

"Just leave, I don't want to see you." She then speaks for my dad. "Neither does your Father."

+++

"And we had no idea?" Megan says as I spill everything that has been happening the past few months to her and Miyra. Once I packed enough clothes to last, Megan said I could say with her until my mom is done being upset with me. My heart has never felt so empty. Although Daniel was never the best boyfriend losing two men who meant so much in one day was a disaster. Losing my acceptance to Stanford was like kissing goodbye to my future. My own parents practically disowning me was they cherry on top.

And Jay. Who knows where he is now. After the argument I left, no goodbyes , I was so panicked I just walked out and didn't look behind me.

"I'm so sorry Alex, I had no idea about you and Jay. I would've never flirted with him." Miyra goes looking guilty. I quickly assure her that it was not her fault it was mine. I feel guilty myself for ever being mean to her. She didn't deserve it.

"You have had a day through hell, your sex scandal with Jay Woods was the highlight." Meg goes trying to lighten the mood.

She smiles at me and I push her lightly , "Hey now."

Miyra is even giggling with us. Although the situation is nothing funny it's nice to feel a smidge of happiness from this awful day.

"I think we should go out." Megan announces raising her eyebrows. As much as I would rather lay in her bed all day watching The Vampire Diaries and cry myself to sleep it would be nice to get my mind off everything.

+++

"We can't come here." I say when Megan pulls up to the familiar building. It's the club that Jay took me to the first time we went out. I can't bear the memories right now.

"Why not? It's the only club that will let us in without id." Megan says and Miyra agrees.

Jay said he was going back to Europe so no chance he will be here. Maybe I can just push it aside for one night.

"Okay... fine." We get out of the car and head to the front. Miyra somehow convinced me to squeeze into one of her dresses. It's dark blue and comes to about mid thigh. I hope tonight I can just live and forgot about all the drama that has been going on this week.