5

When I stumble into the house at 2 am, regret instantly washes over me. What am I doing? Going out with Jacob Woods on a Friday night and sneaking into his room while my boyfriend is just two doors down?

I find myself in too deep now. I can't go home, and I can't go to Daniel's room.

"Be quiet walking up," Jay whispers, taking my hand for what feels like the millionth time tonight, leading me to his room.

I try to make my steps lighter as we pass Daniel's room, noticing that his lights are off. Jay pushes his door open and turns the light on, making me squint.

"I haven't felt like this in so long," I admit, sitting on his floor, eager to take my shoes off.

Jay eyes me as I remove my shoes, and my face grows hot under his sudden attention.

"Are you planning to sleep in that dress?" he questions, pushing his hair back.

"Oh, uh, I should have my cat pajamas here if you could go get th—"

"I'm not going back downstairs, and neither are you," he interrupts, going through his drawers and tossing a black shirt at me.

"Oh, I—"

"Pants, got it," he smirks, pulling out some boxers.

"Thanks," I say, eyeing the clothing. Daniel never likes me sleeping in his clothes for fear that I won't give them back. Little things like this make me realize how different the Wood brothers are.

Jay looks at me as I hold the clothes, and I stare back, waiting for him to leave or turn around or something.

"Oh, uh, sorry, I—okay," Jay turns around with both hands on his hips, making me laugh.

I start to strip out of the dress to change into Jay's clothing.

"Sorry, I'm not used to this," he says, still turned around.

"Used to what?" The shirt is long and passes the boxers. He turns around without me telling him to. Luckily, I was changed.

"Usually," he goes towards his closet, taking out blankets, "girls don't need clothes... at all."

I look at him weirdly. "Jay, ew," I laugh, still feeling the jitteriness of the alcohol.

"I will take the floor," he declares, starting to make a pallet on the ground. I begin to feel bad. This is his room, and he owes me nothing.

"You can sleep on the bed; I will sleep on the floor."

"Nonsense, Lex," my heart warms at the nickname. Wait. What? Why is my heart warming for Jacob Woods?

"Jay?"

"What," he adjusts the pillow on the ground, lies down, and I settle on his bed.

"Are you really in a gang?" I close my eyes, hoping for him to say no.

"Alex, I'm not in a gang, but what I do in town is really no one's business," he seems aggravated, so I don't say anything else. I'm used to keeping quiet when someone's upset with me. Daniel hates when I try to talk about things that 'don't really matter.'

Before I know it, sleep overtakes my body, and my last thoughts consist of questioning my better judgment of staying with the older Wood brother and wearing his clothes as I fall into a slumber.

"Jay."

"Jay!"

"Okay, I'm about to come in."

"5."

"4."

I open my eyes quickly at the sound of Daniel's voice. Oh my god. This is it.

I sit up and kick Jay lightly without hurting him, and he opens his eyes, confused but then realizes what is going on.

"3."

"Just a minute!" Jay gets up with the blanket he previously had, and before I know it, he's on the bed.

"What are you—"

"Just trust me," he tells me as I begin to question him.

"Fuck it, I'm coming in, dude," Daniel says and barges. I close my eyes and swallow loudly. Before I open my eyes, I mentally prepare myself to see an angry Daniel. But when I do open them, I just see darkness until my eyes adjust to the clearly defined abs that are on top of me.

Oh.

Jacob Woods is hovering over me with the blanket covering both of us.

"Don't you see I'm busy, Danny?" Jay mutters to Daniel in the most arrogant voice he could muster.

I feel Jay place a hand on my lower hip bone. As much as I want to believe he's doing all this just so Daniel doesn't see me, I can't help but wonder.

"Who is it this time?" Daniel scoffs. Please don't come to look.

"Doesn't matter, bro," Jay chuckles on top of me, making my body move with his. I don't know how to react or if I should do anything, but I'm just lying here, clearly aware of the fine piece of man that is Jay Woods on top of me.

"I didn't know you were with someone, but just listen to me real quick." I feel Jay tense on top of me, making my body feel stiffer.

"Darthy Hanson." My heart stops beating.

Before Jay has the chance to respond, Daniel continues, "She's been blowing up my phone, basically at my mercy for me to do anything to her. What do you think I should do?"

"She's hot," Jay says, and I hit him for his comment. He grunts, "I mean, dude, you have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, I do." I can hear the shame in his voice, and I just pray he strays away from what he's thinking.

I think about the overwhelming amount of perfume I smelled last night, and I begin to get angry all over again. Why am I so naive?

"I'll talk to you later when you don't have some random in your bed," Daniel laughs and walks out, closing the door behind him. I cringe at his choice of words.

Jay pulls the blanket down so he can see my face. He gives me a smile, but it's a sad one, like he feels sorry for me.

Then I take in the fact that he's still on top of me. His dark hair is ruffled, and his chain is hanging on my chest from our proximity.

I begin to breathe a little heavier, my chest slowly rising up and down.

"You know how Daniel is; he'll come around," he smiles at me pitifully. He knows I'm stupid.

My thoughts are interrupted by something firm pressing into my leg.

"Oh my."

"Oh shit. Lex, I'm sorry." He laughs and is about to get off me until I spread my legs a little so his not-so-little guy is pressing against me.

The disbelief on his face when I did that is priceless. I'm even surprising myself.

Why am I doing this?

I don't care.

I swallow hard at the contact. He's not moving. He looks so unsure of himself, and I understand why because I think I'm reflecting the same look.

I roll my hips up once, and I hear him groan; the pressure is making me go in circles.

He puts his head in between my neck, making me clench at the sudden closeness.

All of a sudden, I feel his strong arms push himself up and roll over off of me.

"We have to get you out of here." He puts both hands on his head as he paces his room.

My sense of reality comes back, and I can't imagine what he's thinking. I'm so stupid. Why did I do that?

Maybe it was the insecure feeling of Daniel talking about Darthy, or maybe it was just in the moment. Whatever it was, it needs to go away.

-

Thank you to everyone whose reading so far! My writing isn't the best and there will be errors as I progress but I promise just stick with me and it will get better.

xx