19

+++

Cup after cup Miyra goes. And she made sure that everyone kept up with her.

A few more people come over, then a few more, then a few more, and it turns more into an apartment party rather than a chill drinking night for Miyras birthday. Miyra and I are in the kitchen while music is playing and I have no idea where Jay is. 

"It really sucks." Miyra says.

"What sucks." I question her.

"That Jay is so obsessed with blonde that bimbo, like im hot and single and would like to experience a Wood brother! Daniel is totally off limits obviously." She giggles.

"You're not his type." I say and her giggles stop. I instantly feel bad but imagine holding off all these secrets from your best friend and then they talk about the guy you're into without knowing. I could trust Miyra but I just don't want her to think i'm a bad person, which I am for this.

"I'm sorry that's not what I mean." I say to her.

"no no it's okay." she says trying to hinder the hurt in her eyes. Im so terrible.

"On a different topic though, guess who just got here."Miyra says then gestures to the door and no other than Darthy Hanson, no surprise.

"How dare Daniel show up with you and invite his mistress. As if." Miyra snarks.

"That's no longer my problem, besides I'm sure he only invited her so he didn't have to sleep alone tonight." Miyra smiles and I laugh.

I haven't seen Jay much tonight but it's fine because I was trying to spend as much time with Miyra for her special day.

As if speaking of the devil made him appear Jay dark appearance comes into the kitchen looking absolutely amazing. He never fails to make the whole room stop and just stare. It should be a crime to be this attractive.

"Happy birthday again Miyra." He smiles at her.

She smiles eagerly , not even trying to hide it, "Thank you , coming from the infamous Jacob Woods it sounds so hot." I gawk at her. Her liquid courage on a roll.

Jay looks at me with a slight smug on his face making my cheeks turn a blistering red. His knowing look towards me already has me in a whirlwind.

"You know..." Miyra then slowly closes in on Jay, "I did turn 18 today, you know what that mean?" She so close I'm sure she can smell his Chanel cologne that I have recently gotten so familiar with. It makes me sick to my stomach.

He doesn't do much. What do I expect, I can't expect him to push her away and confess his dying love for me. That's not what Jacob Woods is known for. Jacob Woods is known for being the guy who is a ladies man. Who flirts and entertains with the pretty girls. He's not known for turning them down either..

"It means you can finally vote?" I awkwardly chime in trying to cool down the heat. Jay smirks at my ridiculous comment biting my cheeks anymore.

Miyra was... very attractive. Definitely flirtatious when she was drunk. She was every guys fantasy if I'm being honest. Compared to her I was average. I couldn't help my insecurities start to settle in.

I try not to put a bummer on the party so I quickly cover my face into a firm smile to hide any discomfort I might have shown prior.

"No-," she then puts her fingers in his belt loop-

"Who wants to play spin the bottle." Someone eagerly shouts saving me the unbearable sight of Miyra flirting with Jay.

But to realize im basically ditching one poison for another.

Jay walks away but then Miyra stops him.

"Oh no you are definitely playing." She smirks and he begins to reject the offer rambling about how he's tired and isn't as young as he once was but Miyra wasn't having it.

"It's my birthday just one round and then you can do whatever!" She giggles pulling Jay into the living room to secure their seats.

I stay in the kitchen grabbing another drink to simmer my nerves but before I begin to pour the liquor a voice interrupts.

"Can you make two more?" Jay must have entered the kitchen because I heard his deep voice behind me. His tattooed large palm holding two cups in one hand... Jesus.

"Birthday girl wanted another drink." He grimaced causing me to smile a little.

I noticed it was only us two in the kitchen. Everyone else was huddling into the living room to play or get a good seat to play. With Daniel no where in site I figured it was a safe time to talk to him.

"Are you okay? I feel you have been avoiding me." I begin the pour the cherry cola on top of the hard liquor.

"I'm fine, I don't know. It's been a weird feelings I have been feeling since yesterday." He admits.

This is the part where he probably tells me he's just not that into me.

"And seeing you pull up with my brother for some reason pissed me off." His brown eyes find mine hovering above me. I suddenly feel so small compared to his broad shoulders.

"You were upset?" I ask barely above a whisper.

"I don't know, I just know I didn't want to see it again." His voice was still kind but in a dominant way. Making me squeeze my thighs together.

"You know how my mom is. She would have never let me come if Danie di-

"I know, I know," he bravely pushes my hair behind my ear not even looking to see if anyone was near which causes me to panic internally looking left and right and nobody is in the kitchen still.

"That's why I been quiet, but I know the truth. I know you would rather be sneaking around with his older brother." His bluntness causes me to shudder. I think if he stays this close I might explode. He then aggressively puts his hand on my hips pushing them towards his causing me to gasp quietly not use to the motion. His mouth goes to a whisper and the proximity that his mouth was to my ear was so close I could feel his cool minty breath on my neck making me get the chills. "I know you would much rather be waking up on top of me moving this around." He then gives my hips another squeeze and directs them to the motion of back and forth making me want to pass out. Before it became to much he release grabbing the two drinks behind me and heading the living room leaving me a mess.

"Oh."

+++