11

A/N: Sorry I haven't been updating, I honestly was in a block with this story but I finally have some ideas I hope you all enjoy. I hope as I keep writing my content improves.

+++

"Alexandra, what are you doing here, why aren't you in class?" Daniel has a basketball in his hand and is drenched in  sweat, I'm suddenly extremely nervous and my hands begin to sweat excessively. 

"Listen, I need to talk to you, it's serious."

"Alexandra, I didn't want you to feel like I was being unfair, I should've told you... I'm sorry." He drops the basketball and I am really taken back at his honesty. 

I cross my arms and just look at him. 

ring ring

I look at my phone and see it's my mom but it can wait, I need to get this over with. 

"Daniel, liste-

ring ring

"Just answer it." Daniel says as he walks away so I can take the call.

"Mom I am in a middle of a conversati-

"Oh Alexandra! You got into Stanford!" My mom shouts through the phone hysterically.

"What? how? I didn't even sent my application yet?" My heart is beating so fast, I got into college.

"You didn't hear it from me but... Daniel talked to his dad, who you know is the mayor, and he wrote you a letter of recommendation!" my mouth drops."Daniel talked to us before and said you deserved it and that it took a lot of convincing from his dad but somehow made it work! His dad also called talked about you for hours. You and Daniel are also living in the same dorm building next year. Im so proud honey, you got yourself a keeper."

"Wow...That is amazing." I can't believe what I am hearing right now.. This changes everything. I can't break up with him. I can't. 

"Yes! We can celebrate this weekend at Reggie Peaks, although I hate those damn mosquitos." She goes on.

I look up and see Daniel anxiously waiting for me to be done. His eyes look so concerned. 

"Mom, I got to call you back." I hang up the phone and go towards Daniel.

Here I am again, letting him hurt me, and me being okay with it because he is like a drug that as bad as you want to quit you can't because it keeps pulling you back in with its temptations. 

"Just forget what I was going to say, Daniel I can't believe you! You got me in to Stanford!" I look at him in awe as he looks confused.

"Oh, I- I thought that was why you were upset, I didn't want you to feel like you had to." So that is what he was apologizing for... He has no idea that I know about Darthy and him.

My heart still hurts at the fact he is still sleeping with Darthy, although I kissed Jay I still feel hurt. I kissed him once but one too many, I can't get with Jay anymore. I can't. I need to start spending more time with Daniel so he doesn't feel obligated to go and cheat on me with her. 

I sound pathetic but that is what needs to happen. Our parents ideal is to have Daniel and I be together. I would have a good life with Daniel, we are going to college together for goodness gracious. I need to start facing reality and realize that he is my future. 

"No." I force a smile, "I'm happy, we are happy. I will see you after school." I kiss him and I turn around going back to class without another word said.

Sometimes I wonder if Daniels parents liked Darthy and didn't think she was just old rich trash would he want to be with her instead of me...