25

The following Monday at school consisted of anticipation of Jay leaving for Europe. At least I knew for a fact that he was going to see me. Ultimately because he had my purse and had to. I just had so many questions and desperately needed closure.

Bumping into Daniel interrupted my thoughts.

"The last person I want to see." He mutters trying to get past me.

"Listen Daniel we need to talk."

He rolls his eyes, pushing his light brown hair out of his face, "Listen, there's nothing to talk about you have been fucking my brother and I wasted my time thinking you were worth anything. Have a good one." He tries to move past me again but I pull him back because I am not done talking to him.

The bell rings and the hallways clear, at this point I am not worried about class.

"Listen, I know you are feeling a lot of emotions but it was real cruel of you to contact stanford and take away my acceptance letter!" His anger turns into confusion.

"What?"

"Yes Daniel, you know what I am talking about! My parents kicked me out of the house because of it and now I am taking turns staying at Miyras and Megan's so they don't get tired of me and kick me out too!" I say to him, tears threatening my eyes.

I continue with my rant, "Look I appreciate you helping me get in but you really made them withdrawal my acceptance?"

"Look, I'm going to be honest. I never got you into Stanford. When you told me I did I just went along with it because it made you happy."

"What? That day in the gym when my mom called me she said it was you..." My mom called saying Daniel talked to his dad to get me into Stanford.

Unless it was the other brother who talked to his dad...

"I don't know why she said that,  when Stanford called me asking if I was the one who called for you I said no because I didnt. I never thought they would take away your acceptance. Although I can't stand you I wouldn't mess with your future."

Looking into his eyes i can tell he is telling the truth. When he is lying he usually looks away and starts looking at his phone.

"I will just call and tell them it was me and call it a day. Are you happy now? is that all you need?" He ask.

Although relieved he can get me in I am still surprised that it was possibly Jay who got me into Stanford and not my long term boyfriend at the time.

"No Daniel. I want you to know my intentions with Jay were never to hurt you. Although I enjoyed the years with you I believe we outgrew each other a long time ago and we needed people like Darthy, for you, and Jay, for me. I know that is your older brother and I wish it was anyone else but it isnt. Although you're  hurt in this situation you need to think. This is probably the only time in the past four years of our relationship that I have ever hurt you, can you think of all the times you hurt me and i just sat back and let you because I thought this was love?" He tries to look past me but I gain back his eye contact. he needs to hear what i am saying.

"You have commented about my weight so many times that I eventually starved myself to be the size that you could desire, it just seemed like nothing was ever enough." He looks down at our shoes as I continue.

"I had to watch as you cheat on me with Darthy. Who is one of the prettiest girls in the school, you made me feel like I just was never enough. I would pass out from starving myself and you would go behind my back and have sex with someone in the same cabin house as me!"  He swallows hard.