28

This trip is different than the cabin trip. There are no other distractions. This trip will be a lot more personal with Daniel and Jay whenever Jay decides to get here. At first, I was more accepting that Jay was leaving back to Europe and letting our relationship be just sweet memories. But after that night after his family dinner, I feel indifferent. I know Jay Woods is very well known as a playboy in the past. It isn't a secret. But knowing how he feels about me, it feels like it may mean more. I hope I'm not overthinking, though. Probably way in over my head, but I wouldn't mind trying to make things potentially work with him.

Daniel is being oddly lovely, which I am not complaining about. I just hope he knows that Jay isn't out of the picture for me yet. Whatever friendship Daniel and I are forming, I hope he doesn't overthink it.

I'm in the bathroom changing into a different bathing suit. I wanted to wear a different one because I brought about 20 of them, and we are only here for a week, so I'm trying to wear as much as I can before the trip is up.

This one is a red two-piece and makes my sun-kissed skin-pop. The sun in Florida has been a blessing.

Although I know now that I was never fat or not good enough, I still feel a little insecure. Daniel was the one who use to comment on my weight. Whether I was too 'big' or too small, even though the atmosphere is different here, I'm hoping he can refrain from any cruel words.

And if he does say anything rude, then I will gladly tell him to fuck off.

Done letting anyone's words get to me. I should feel confident in my skin. I wish I could have told my old self that. She needed the words of encouragement more than anyone.

After throwing a pity party for myself, I throw on a smile and head to the back where the hot tub is at. The beach house is three stories and incredible. The hot tub is located on the second floor and is on a deck. It has beautiful purple lights in the hot tub, and I can see the steam as I approach closer.

Daniel is already in the hot tub looking down at the beach. He must have heard me approach because he turns when I step out onto the deck. His eyes rank down my body, and I quickly feel myself getting self-conscious.

He breaks the silence first, "Come in; it feels great." He smiles at me. I give a small smile back and slowly climb the ladder until I contact the steamy boiling water.

Once I'm entirely in I, notice he has the bottle. I take it from him and smirk at him before taking a swig.

"I love the change of heart you have for me drinking," I say, putting the bottle back down.

"Well, I was harsh before. We are young." He says as he takes the bottle and takes a swig himself. "I also want to say I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry -

"I could sit here and write a book about all the fucked up shit I have done the past four years of our relationship. But before all that, we were good friends. I'm sorry for trying to control your life. I'm sorry for the, well, fuck. The cheating. I should have never done that to you, Alexandra. You are a great girl, and I'm sorry for just now realizing it." He sighs, looking down at the water. The sun is setting, and I feel my heart beating fast. I never expected an apology from Daniel. Never. I don't know what to say. Before I can say anything, he gets closer, putting a hand on my shoulder, making my eyes go a little wide.

"Most of all, I'm sorry for making you feel anything less than what you are. You were always beautiful regardless of how you see yourself. I was a prick for not telling you how fucking beautiful you were every day." I feel my lips part at the words. This can't be happening. Why is he saying all the now? The old me prayed for a time where Daniel would come to his senses. Now I don't know what to think.