8

"Would you hook up with a high schooler?"

All ears perk up at the question making me give Miyra a dirty look. I know shes drunk but this feeling of anger I feel towards her recently is uncontrollable.

The music has calmed down a bit and everyones more chill besides the ones playing chicken fight in the pool outside, besides that the atmosphere inside was calm.

Um, I don't hook up with underage girls." Jay puts his hand behind his back scratching it then checking his phone. He has barely even acknowledged me since being here.

"I turned eighteen a week ago." Darthy gives Jay a wink. I feel my whole face turn pale.

"Not interested." He leans back sipping his drink and smirking. Everyone in the whole room erupts in laughter. Darthy's whole face turns red.

I've never seen someone deny Darthy. Shes drop dead gorgeous and gets any guy in her path. Im feeling jittery at the humiliation that she encounters but it doesn't last long.

"Well I guess it doesn't matter, I've had enough Wood in my life..." once again everyone laughs not getting what she really means making me flush, she then puckers her lips sending kisses at Daniel and I and mouths 'if you know what I mean.'

No one catches this subliminal hint except Daniel and I.

"I hate her." I whisper to Daniel.

"She means nothing to me." Is all Daniel says before he downs the rest of his beer.

"Hey Daniel lets get a group and go in the game room upstairs... I have an idea." Bradley from english says making me question his motives.

Daniel oblivious of the weird aurora simply agrees and a few of us head upstairs, including Jay.

"Hey Alexandra." Miyra catches up to as we are walking up.

"Yes."

"Have you noticed um, Jays knuckles."

"As in..." I say in an attempt to get her to continue.

"They are, red. Very red." She looks down at her hands as if she can feel the pain.

"It was dark I couldn't see them." I start to worry and then my mind wanders to when I walked in on Jay having a busted nose and having to help him clean it all up. What the hell is he up to?

"Alright so heres the game." Bradley begins to speak as we all settle in the game room. I see Miyra sit next to Jay and she smiles at him he gives her a charming smirk back.

Ridiculous.

"So seven minutes in heaven." Bradley exclaims and the group laughs.

"Are we 12?" Megan laughs grabbing onto tyler to lean on.

"Come on, it will be fun." Tyler nudges Meg.

"I think it will be fun!" Darthy says mischievously making most the men lick their lips swooning. Gross.

"I guess count us out." I laugh touching Daniel's thigh for him to agree with me.

"Come on, Don't be a buzz kill. We need people and you guys have been together for years. You guys are pretty much inseparable." Tylers ex girlfriend Lola says causing everyone to nod their heads.

Its so crazy how we manage to manipulate people into thinking our relationship has been rainbows and butterflies when if you got a glimpse on the real shit you would never believe.

"Seven minutes doesn't quiet mean you hook up." Bradly adds trying to make valid points.

If Daniel and I's relationship wasn't shaky enough I agree under peer pressure.