30

When I was a freshman with Daniel, we never saw Jay in a serious relationship, ever. It was always just a game to him; Maybe he just hasn't grown up.

Or maybe the obvious answer, there are way better-looking girls than an average almost eighteen-year-old.

Regardless of the fact, I want to take back control of the situation. If they are both somehow open to discussing me without me knowing, I have no problem showing my display of affection.

I have never had the phase of being the girl who gets to have fun.

I have always been so intact with my feelings. This trip will be just me having fun. I don't care which brother decides to participate...

+++

"Are you ready to turn 18?" Daniel is holding a football as he approaches me. We're on the beach, and our parents are casually drinking a few beers and lying out. Mrs kelly packed sandwiches that were amazing after swimming. I don't know what it is with sandwiches and swimming, but they go together.

My bathing suit is perfect for the hot day, definitely revealing, but I think I deserve to look cute the day before my birthday. And a major plus is the way the boys are looking at me. I feel satisfied that I get to mess with them the way they are messing with me. Jay hasn't been able to say a word to me since the incident in his room.

"I just hope it's a good night tonight." I smile sweetly at him.

"It will be." He smiles back at me, quickly glancing down at my body and then back to my face causing my face to flush in what I think is an embarrassment.

Although Daniel made me feel a tad better about myself with the conversation in the hot tub, I still can't help but feel a little insecure. You will never forget the hurtful words said to you. Most definitely when it involves your weight.

"Do we have more water anymore?" I ask Daniel, and he quickly goes to look in the cooler. His efforts have been persistent.

"No, I can get you-

"No, it's okay; I will just go get some from the store up there; I don't want you to have to do all that for me."

"It's okay, I want to, plus I was thinking about getting a drink as well before you said anything." He winks and walks away from the beach before I can even question anything.

When he leaves, I look towards the beach to see Jay standing by the water. I almost smile at the sight before two girls approach him.

They are smiling up at him, one of them touches his arm, and he flashes them a charming smile. They are locals in Florida, and they are hot.

I swallow hard. I feel my throat tighten up. I know I can't say much about how I have been with Daniel, but the pain still hinders me.

And since I know somewhat what they have been planning, the thoughts roam through my head of him only doing this to push me away.

I lay down and close my eyes and try to sunbathe. I will not let him get this satisfaction.

Before I know it, Daniel is back with my water and sitting next to me.

"Here you go." His brown hair looks lighter from the sun beaming off it, and his shoulders have a kiss of pink on them from the sun exposure.

As sweet as he's being, I will not forget that the boys are conspiring against me. As much as I shouldn't fight fire with fire, I want it to be known that I'm not a girl that they can pass back to one another. The only way to prove that is to show them there are more men in the world than just Jacob and Daniel Woods.