29

A/N

Chapter is not edited. srry :(

enjoy tho.

+++

I wake up with intrusive thoughts of last night still roaming in my head. 

Since when did I become Elena Gilbert?

And which one is Damon?

Right now they seem like a Matt to me. Ridiculous the way they are acting. Like children really. I feel as though Jay should have enough common sense and perhaps love for me to let me choose on my own accords. 

I have a history with Daniel and that will never go away. He has made me one of the happiest girls (and also saddest) in the world. We grew up together. We taught each other new things. We agreed to disagree. Only real conflict with his inability to stay loyal. I can't just blame him for the failed relationship though. I stayed with him because my reputation and I couldn't deny my parents because overall being with Daniel was ideal. It was good. It was safe. 

But the way I feel when I'm with Jay is fire.

It was the uncertainty. The challenge. The thrill. He challenged me. Didn't treat me like I was glass.  The way his eyes would linger on me in the pool that one night. The way he picked me up off the club table to stop my further embarrassment. The way he would look at me in the rear view mirrors of his car. The way he notices every single detail that even my own mother fails to realize. 

and it wasn't just the lust. No, it was everything.

But they took the decision out of my grasp. as much as I hate to admit it I was considering Daniel again until I overheard their scheme. The main reason was because of the way Jay was leaving and he was not speaking to me much and the way Daniel was treating me. I know it was only a few sweet words. I shouldn't just let that sweep me off my feet. No, not at all. But like I said, being with Daniel would be safe. and if we could eventually be happy together that wouldnt be bad. 

But knowing Jay treatment towards me after doing what he did to me after the family dinner changes things. It was because of Daniel. It was because he was leaving.

They may not see it this way but they are playing games.

And for once in my life I am stepping out of my comfort zone and will play the game back.

+++

"Alexandra don't you think that's a little... revealing?" My mother questions me as I admire myself in the mirror.

"Oh come on Nancy, she turns 18 tomorrow! I think she looks wonderful." Mrs Kelly gleams at me causing me and I smile back at her. 

"Well okay, I guess you're right." My mother instantly agrees with Mrs Kelly. Typical. "I'm going to see if your fathers ready Alexandra." My mother leaves to room leaving just Mrs Kelly and I in my bathroom.

"It's a bathing suit." I look at Mrs Kelly and say.

"You know your mom, always looking out for her only child." Mrs Kelly smiles and I do slightly, not really happy about the comment knowing my mother and I's history.

"I think the boys will definitely appreciate the attire." She smirks at me from behind the mirror causing my eyes to go wide.

"Uhm- "boys" as in plural." I say awkwardly crossing my arms over my chest. My shorts are short but we are at the beach so Its suitable. I'm only wearing a bathing suit top which makes my upper body look amazing. This push up bathing suit that Megan suggested wasn't a bad idea after all. Definitely with what I have planned.