14

Alexandra POV

"Are you okay?" It's just Daniel and me in the room. I have a towel around me and hot chocolate he made me in my hands.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I tell him looking down at the hot cup. I wasn't going to say anything about Becca, I already was in enough shit with everything going on, and at this point I deserved it.

"Listen, I- well, I kind of still want to go out and drink with the rest of our friends, did you want to come or just stay in?" Daniel is scratching the back of his head, rocking back and forth uneasily like he is scared to say something wrong.

I ignore his statement, "We should talk."

His eyes get wide. this is it. I am going to tell him.

He sits on the bed. his shaggy brown hair is ruffled. Shaggy brown hair I once adored now just an average look to me. His once sparkling eyes are a dull brown. The memories and the pain we went through together all is about to be torn apart. From my horrible secret.

The horrible truth that I am fascinated with his brother.

"I got to tell you something," I say. He looks concerned but not distressed.

"Babe, I know what it is." He sighs as he puts his head in his hands.

"You do?" I'm confused. I can feel the tears spring my eyes, but I don't let them fall yet. This is about to get messy.

"Yes," he says.

"You know about Darthy and me." He goes on to say. "We haven't been the same for awhile Alexandra, we never have sex any more and when we talk it is about boring things. I don't know if it's just a phase, but she distracts me from reality."

My mouth is agape. I didn't expect things to take this kind of turn.

And for some odd reason, I'm hurt, but it's bearable.

I have no reason to be the victim giving my fidelity but him saying this makes me feel this isn't the right time to tell him.

Although I don't know if there ever will be a right time.

"I don't know what to say." I look down, feeling conflicted. So many emotions are going through my head, I almost drowned, so my brains not functioning correctly. I feel crazy.

"I wanted to be honest because I knew if it were you, you would do the same." Oh. " I will always love you, Alexandra, and I still see our future together, but do you think maybe until we get married or older we can have like an open relationship?"

this is the most ridiculous shit I have heard all day.

"Daniel, this sounds insane." I shake my head viscously. I don't care how messy this situation gets. It cannot get this messy!

I feel like the only reason he wants to stay with me is that it looks good to our parents. My feelings for Daniel were always true up til now. I feel it was all just an investment for him.

"I can't do that, Daniel, I can't." I put the hot cocoa down.

"I'm sorry for bringing that up, what should we do? I still want to be with you in the future, but maybe we need a break?"

a permanent one.

Too exhausted to deal with this, I silently agree. We both decided not to say anything to anyone about this "break" until we get back to town.

I can't believe after so many years of tears, mixed emotions, and betrayal its finally over.

Kind of...