16

"So why don't you like that guy?" I ask Jay as i'm sipping my second glass of wine.

"He's one of my opponents and listen, i'm always a good sport but he just makes it so unattainable to be one. Plays dirty and isn't a good guy." He rushes the answer as he quickly downs the glass of alcohol in his hand and puts his hand up for the bartender to give him another one.

"You want another one?" He ask me putting his hand on my thigh. Well... okay.

"Uhm,- sure!" I say stuttering. Why am I acting like a middle schooler who has a crush. This is Jacob Woods for god sakes. He has had way more experienced women than me. Only Experience I have is... well. With his brother.

"No need to be nervous with me." He says squeezing my leg a smile hinting to his face.

"Oh, I'm not nervous." I say too quickly basically telling on myself.

+++

It is now eight thirty and we are stumbling up the stairs out of the underground fight club. Me being the light weight I am I know I'm feeling it way more than he is because he looks way more collective.

He pulls my hand up and the ground closes.

"Come on." He laughs as he takes my hand and leads us to the car.

"You probably shouldn't drive." I laugh as I sit in the passenger seat.

"You're right." he says as he leans his head on the back of the driver seat.

He looks so flawless. His slightly tan skin glistering, his long eyelashes so cute while his eyes are closed.

His phone goes off and his eyes open about to look down on it but before he does I capture his lips with mine. Brave move on my part. He's surprised but slightly hesitates before putting his hands on my waist and kissing me back with just as much force.

His lips are soft like pillows and sweet like candy. He pulls me to sit on top of him in the driver seat and my head is going in circles. I feel so alive when I'm with him and I just can't get enough of it.

I stop kissing him for a moment, and look at him. His eyes are a deep black that are consumed with lust, I can feel him below me just wanting me to keep going. I'm about to start kissing him again but then theres a knock on the car door.

we both look out and I can't believe who it is.

"What the fuck!" It's Becca.

"Oh shit." Jay mutters and I quickly get off of him and get back in the passenger seat.

I can't believe how reckless we have been, and now Becca has seen us.

"Just stay here okay, give me a second to talk to her."

Jay gets out and Becca starts hitting him and screaming about how he hasn't texted her back and that I'm a slut;which at this point, the situation I am in, I can't disagree.

I look at jays phone and see missed calls from his parents.

My phone then begins to ring, and it's my parents.

"Hello?" I try to say in the most sober voice I can muster.

"Alexandra? Where are you? You know we have the city dinner tonight sweetie." My dad ask me and I go into a panic. I completely forgot about that. Thats probably why Jay parents were calling too.

"I- I'm on my way Dad." I hang up to avoid any further questioning. This is so bad.

I look out the window and see Becca crying and Jay pushing his hands through his hair. Something he always does when he's stressed.

I do something brave and get out the car.

"Listen, I know this is a bad time but my family is going to kill me if we don't go to that city dinner. This was just like the ones we went to before. Only thing is me nor Jay is dressed for the occasion.

"You're so selfish, I bet more than just your parents would kill you if they find out what you've actually been doing." Becca spits at me. I would be more upset if I weren't already stressed out enough plus I'm drunk and her words don't hurt me as badly as it normally word.

"Calm down, Becca there's a lot more going on than you think... I will talk to you tomorrow, I promise." Her eyes go soft from Jays calm voice. I feel bad for her in a way. The way she looks at him you can tell she is infatuated. Letting him hurt her, like I did for Daniel in the past.

"Just please don't say anything until I can talk to you." I go to the car to avoid hearing any further conversation between them. In a way I'm, I don't know... Jealous?

Once we get in the car we start driving, despite his tipsy state.

"What are you going to talk to her about?"

"I don't know." Jay's quiet the rest of the drive. I can't help but wonder what is going on inside his head.

"Is this worth it to you?" I ask him. He doesn't say anything just taps his hands on the wheel as if he couldn't wait to get to our destination; which makes me kind of sad.

Why is the person I had to fall for Daniels Brother? Even worse the type of Jay use to be or maybe still is. I seen how he treated girls and I still let myself fall.

"We're here." He pulls up.

"Aren't you coming?" I ask him as I get out the car.

"No." He say's staring forward.

"Why not?" I ask, I'm getting frustrated at this point, but he's not the only one dealing with shit.

"I don't want to Alexandra." Him saying my full name pulls me further into frustration.

"You- you're just going to make me deal with this alone? I'm drunk for god sake and you don't care at all." I say looking at him and him not even reacting one bit. Just staring ahead tapping his hand on the wheel.

"You just want to go back to Becca!" I yell and get out the car and slam the door.

I hear him following me to the city council doors but I walk faster.

"Come here, stop being so dramatic." He say's inching closer.

I'm about to open the door when he stops me by pulling my arm lightly back to hold me from going it.

"What is wrong with you? I'm just angry, I don't wan't to be around family right now." He say's calmly which makes me even more upset. Which honestly I shouldn't be mad, he handled it the best he could.

"I just wish I didn't have to do this alone." I mutter.

"Babe." he hugs me. "What would they say? It looks bad.."

"I'm not going to see Becca, I just need to talk to her. We don't want them finding out this way."

He lets go of me and as if on cue the doors open to the city council.

Here we go.