14: Seven༄

Eden's ears were ringing.

          As her consciousness slipped back into her body, everything felt entirely wrong. Her body felt heavy, like a force was pressing her down into whatever she was laying on. Her stomach churned like she was on a boat, each wave of the sea rocking her organs this way and that. If she had even the slightest bit more energy in her body she knew she would throw up.

           She groaned miserably, trying to open her eyes to make sense of her surroundings. She was on her back, tucked under the covers securely. She could see the dim evening glow on her left, and the room was thick with the smell of sea salt. That must've meant she was in her bed.

            That's odd, she thought. Last I remember I was at the table with Jimin.

            Said redhead seemed to be posed at her bedside. Her vision was too blurry to see clearly,  but from what she could see his muscled shoulders were hunched over with exhaustion. He had on a tank top and basketball shorts, an odd combination for the tail end of fall. She cracked open her dry lips, but before she could alert him she was awake, the door behind him opened.

             The hallway light was harsh against the pitch darkness of the room. A shadowed figure slipped in the open door. Eden blinked, trying to orient herself in everything that was going on. The figure from the door walked up next to Jimin, sighing and putting their hands in their pants pockets.

          "Is she up yet?"

          "No, Kook. I told you I'd come get you when she woke up."

           "Are you sure?"

           Jimin let out a dry laugh. "Is she your soultie or Yoongi's?"

           Her memory came back to her, and Eden began to panic. Had they found Yoongi yet? Did Jin chew him out for being dumb?

           She paused in her thinking, realizing she would've felt better if Yoongi were back, but she didn't. In fact, she felt worse. Her head and sinuses throbbed like crazy and there were black and white spots dotting her vision. The more she tried to focus on Jimin and Jungkook, the more the dots would appear.

           Jungkook looked down at her, watching curiously as she blinked repeatedly.

           "Those eyes look pretty awake to me."

            The two figures in front of her shifted, and as her eyes finally adjusted in the darkness, Eden knew something was definitely wrong with her. Jimin and Jungkook's shadows shook like sound waves as they moved through the room. The taller, black-haired man bent down, his crooked upper lip curling in sadness as he peered at her. His lips moved, but no words came out.

            Jimin's hand reached over and pressed against Eden's forehead. Her body started with a jolt, sound rushing through her ears and overstimulating all of her senses. She closed her eyes again, hoping that the lack of sight would calm everything down. Jimin's hand pulled away just as quickly as it was placed. Eden could hear the panic in his voice as he barked for Jungkook to go get Jin immediately.

           The redhead leaned over with a sigh, his dark brown eyes peering into Eden's with nothing but sadness.

          "Don't tell Yoongi," he whispered. Before she could think about what he meant, he leaned down and kissed her flat on her forehead.

         The kiss sent a wave of calmness through Eden's entire body, and for a few seconds, she felt okay. Her tired eyes trailed over to Jimin, who leaned back in his seat. His full lips curled up into a shy smile as they made eye contact.