6: Lost and Found༄

In the span of 8 hours, Eden found herself spending a lot of time with Namjoon and Jimin. Not that she was complaining, because they were amazing guys, but she couldn't help but notice that her life has flipped completely on its head ever since Namjoon smiled at her.

              The three were still in the upstairs room of the parlor, Eden staring at the staircase Yoongi just disappeared down. Namjoon and Jimin were talking in hushed whispers off on the side of the room, and every couple seconds one of them would ask if she was okay.

             Like now.

             "Are you still feeling fine?" Jimin's voice, smooth and sweet like honey, broke down the wall of thought in her head. There were so many questions and thoughts she wanted to voice, but she just didn't know how.

            "Physically, yeah I guess," she muttered. "I don't suppose you guys can answer my questions, can you?"

             The taller brunette made his way over and leaned on the arm of the couch. "I guess we can try. You've been pretty patient with us so we owe you the same courtesy. Lay it on us."

              She fiddled with the hem of her t-shirt. "What's the deal with soul ties? Is it a fancy word for soulmates?"

              "Well, sort of." Jimin scratched his head in thought. "It's a lot more binding than that."

               "Binding?"

               "Soul ties aren't taken lightly," he sighed. "Once you've met your soul tie, that's it. You can't fall for anyone else, the magic of the bond will keep it from lasting."

               "Plus," Namjoon jumped in. "You can't be too far apart and you can't be away from each other for too long or you'll both start to deteriorate. Getting sick, powers stop working, and eventually you'll just..."

              Eden hung on to his every word. "Just... die, right?"

              "Bingo."

              "Which is why we have to monitor you," Jimin sighed. "Yoongi isn't dumb, but he'll let his emotions blind him. As long as you're okay, we know he's nearby."

              A part of her wished she'd opted to get a tattoo instead.

             For what seemed like the millionth time that day, Eden let out a sigh. First a magical destiny, now she's bound for life to someone who would rather throw her over the nearest bridge.

             The universe certainly had a sense of humor.

             Their atmosphere of silence was disrupted by the sound of footsteps coming up the staircase. The three turned toward it, an air of hope surrounding them, but the hair that graced over the railing was black, not blonde.

              Once the person reached the top of the staircase, Eden found herself face to face with a new stranger. The black strands of his hair framed his face nicely, stopping just under his ears. He was covered in tattoos like the three men she already met that morning, but his face was free of piercings. He had big dark brown eyes that were somehow both innocent and extremely intense, and she felt both a sense of comfort and fear when the eyes landed on her.

             "Hey Kook." Jimin's full lips were curled into a warm smile. "How's it going downstairs?"

              The doe eyes never broke eye contact with her. "It's fine. Pretty slow. Hoseok and Tae told me they could handle the rest of the customers."